MLB At Bat 12

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded it. Very angry that it cost $15 even though I have a premium MLB account. App looks real nice but doesn't have live video.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Search for At Bat 12 and you should find it.

It's pretty crappy though. Not only does it not support Premium accounts like other platforms, but it doesn't have the 3D gameday animations, or live video.

Edit: missed the options menu which lets you enable run under lock screen and background audio. Sorry everyone.

Last edited:

Erikku

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Search for At Bat 12 and you should find it.

It's pretty crappy though. Not only does it not support Premium accounts like other platforms, but it doesn't have the 3D gameday animations, or live video.

Worse than that though, it doesn't use the standard WP7 audio API, and it doesn't run under the lock screen. In other words, you can only listen to the game you want to stream while the display is on. :mad:

You know, I could deal with most of that as I'm not really into the gameday animations or have a premium account. But the fact that it doesn't play audio underneath the lock screen is the straw that breaks the camel back. Looks like I'll be waiting for an updated version :/

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So it doesn't support my MLB premium account so no live video, doesn't have the gameday animations and can't play audio under the lock screen. Why the **** would they expect this app to sell for 15 dollars when there are plenty of free apps out there where I can get score updates. The MLB is really starting to piss me off with their greed.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
So it doesn't support my MLB premium account so no live video, doesn't have the gameday animations and can't play audio under the lock screen. Why the **** would they expect this app to sell for 15 dollars when there are plenty of free apps out there where I can get score updates. The MLB is really starting to piss me off with their greed.

I should clarify the gameday animations thing.

It has the old style (sorry, don't know if there's a way to do screencaps in WP7?):

attachment.php

Android, on the other hand, has the newer and more informative style (clearly this is on a tablet, but same general idea for the phone version I'm sure):

attachment.php

Edit: *%@! I'm stupid. Apparently there is an options menu that I missed earlier today that enables run under lock screen and enable background audio. Sorry for the misinformation everyone.

Last edited:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
You know, I could deal with most of that as I'm not really into the gameday animations or have a premium account. But the fact that it doesn't play audio underneath the lock screen is the straw that breaks the camel back. Looks like I'll be waiting for an updated version :/

See my update above, sorry for the misinformation. In my defense, when you pin a tile (doesn't update, just jumps to your favorite team), you can't see the options without going to the main screen of the app. :D

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel sorry for you MLB premium subscribers. That just sucks that ios and android users get the app free, but you have to pay. Of course, MLB's blackout rules pretty much means I'll never subscribe to their premium service.

I'll most likely get the app, though to listen to the games.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm over the fact that they refuse to provide video support for WP since the market share just isn't there right now. That's somewhat understandable. But i just can't get past the fact that we premium users are getting screwed out of $15 more just because of the type of phone we use... I've tried contacting MLB just about every way you can to voice my opinion, but they just don't care. We're second-class citizens to them.

Erikku

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
See my update above, sorry for the misinformation. In my defense, when you pin a tile (doesn't update, just jumps to your favorite team), you can't see the options without going to the main screen of the app. :D

Ah, that makes sense. Don't worry about it; you're a brave soul downloading a $15 app and reporting the results back to us. I just downloaded it and it's pretty much what I expected and need.

Still, the enhanced gameday animations would be nice. I also feel bad for premium subscribers, but luckily that has no affect on me.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I just read over the details of the app, and I really can't see what makes it worth $15. I'd check it out if there was a trial, but there's not. What exactly does it offer that you can't get for free from, say, the MLB Pro '12 app?

CyberExorcist

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with customer service and they stated the applicaiton in the marketplace isn't the same one that is offered for the other devices that are supported. I sent an email to the following address:
mlbexecutiverelations@website.mlb.com

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased your mlb.tv premium subscription about 4 weeks ago. At
the time I purchased the subscription, it stated that the application
(At Bat 12) for Windows Phone 7 would be available opening day, and
would be included in the price of the subscription. Opening day has
come and gone and there is still no press release, in fact you have
changed your website from coming soon to state that Windows Phone 7 is
not supported?:
Watch Live Baseball Online, Stream MLB Games with MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions

When I purchased the subscription, it was stated that the At Bat 12
app would be free for mlb.tv premium subscribers. I have checked in the the
Windows Marketplace at the following address and found that there is
an at bat 12 application that is currently $14.99:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/74da7b1f-fcbe-46f7-b4ce-b292cc9e364d

I called customer service and they stated there is nothing they could do. In
fact, they told me that supported devices are subject to change at any
time. This is DECEPTIVE advertising and I am a very dissatisfied
customer.

Now I am forced to pay $14.99 for an application that was supposed to
be for free. I would request that my account be credited for $14.99
to allow me the opportunity to have an application that was stated to
be free when I purchased the subscription.

Sincerely,

I was aslo told the application in the marketplace is not the same application that is being offered for the other devices (ie. no live games, only audio). This is totally discouraging. If I ran my company like they do, I'd be out of business.... I guess we have to hope we get an app that is comparible to the others.

Bill

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with customer service and they stated the applicaiton in the marketplace isn't the same one that is offered for the other devices that are supported. I sent an email to the following address:

To Whom It May Concern:

not supported?:
Watch Live Baseball Online, Stream MLB Games with MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions

customer.

Sincerely,

I was aslo told the application in the marketplace is not the same application that is being offered for the other devices (ie. no live games, only audio). This is totally discouraging. If I ran my company like they do, I'd be out of business.... I guess we have to hope we get an app that is comparible to the others.

Bill

I was just coming to this thread to recommend other people do the same thing but looks like you beat me to it. I sent the email to MLB executive relations as well as filled out the form at Contact Us | MLB.com: Help. I really urge other people to do the same.

In my email I stated that I would like to purchase an MLB.tv subscription and I even have an Android tablet, but refuse to because of their lackluster WP support. They need to know why they're not getting my money. It's complete BS that we're still being charged $15 for a crummier version of the app that other people get for free.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

To Whom It May Concern:

not supported?:

customer.

Sincerely,

Bill

I'd be interested to hear when/if you receive a response from them; I wrote a similar e-mail myself. Keep us updated, and I'll do the same.

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
hey guys, new to wp7 and was really excited to get at bat 2012, but it's a joke that we have to pay $15 for an app that has comes with less features than the other platforms.

going to write mlb an email, too. thanks for the link.

shalgrim

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the great thread, guys. As a multi-year subscriber to MLB.tv, I can say that they are awful every year getting things working until about May. The only reason I continue to subscribe this year is because they said I could get At Bat for free with live video on my WP7 phone. Grumble.

Anyway, I'm still considering getting the app, but have some questions that I was wondering if anybody knew the answer to.

1) After paying $15 for the app, do I get everything like radio and Gameday for free? Or do I have to pay extra for those like on the iPhone without a Premium account?

2) I'm thinking of getting this app on my WP7 phone, as well as on my iPod (wifi only, so can really only use it at home), as well as on my Xbox 360. If I connect my Premium account to the app on the iPod say, will it let me connect it to the Xbox, too? I had it in my mind that it was like one device per subscription.

I guess that's it. Thanks all.

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Shalgrim, I believe you do get those included in the $15 app, but the gameday has old graphics. The radio broadcasts work (and run under the lockscreen once you adjust the settings).

Don't quote me on #2, but I think once you pay the $125 you get unlimited devices. I have mine working on my 360 now but haven't gone the mobile route yet. I have an old iphone 3GS that I'll use to download the app if they don't fix the wp7 situation. I don't understand why they don't just have a lite App that allows you to "login with your mlb.com account." Makes no sense to not give premium subscribers the option.

edit: also, I tweeted at the MLBTV twitter account about this and would recommend everyone else does to make some noise. sometimes twitter is the best route to get customer service!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99