WP on Verizon?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Dave, do you have an update for us regarding your news about the 900 (or variant) on Vzw? He had hinted about it before MWC. I was talking to my Vzw rep yesterday and all she could say was to wait. I asked how long, and she said just a little.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had a little more information. My parents are itching to get smartphones on Verizon and I'd love for them to get a new Windows Phone. I doubt they'll wait until this fall, though.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I got another phone call from my rep. She did some more checking and thinks Vzw won't do anything until WP8. Not what I wanted to hear. I've been off contract since last July. A person can only wait so long...

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is we do have a Windows Phone in our 4G LTE promotional material (stuff that only employees can see) but there is literally NOTHING as far as information on it goes.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Honest, I notice you have a Trophy for personal and Razr for work. Which one do you PREFER? I'm just curious of the perspective of someone who uses both, which one is your "go-to" device?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I hated the Razr with a passion. I hate most Android phones with a passion. I love stock Ice Cream Sandwich and the Galaxy Nexus but I hate OEMs and the garbage skins they put on Android. Touchwiz is trash, Motoblur is trash, and Sense is marginal at best. I had to reboot my Razr once every couple of days. I have yet to ever reboot my Trophy or be forces to pull the battery.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like the software and screen size on the galaxy nexus. It's not enough to switch me back to Android though.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I hated the Razr with a passion. I hate most Android phones with a passion. I love stock Ice Cream Sandwich and the Galaxy Nexus but I hate OEMs and the garbage skins they put on Android. Touchwiz is trash, Motoblur is trash, and Sense is marginal at best. I had to reboot my Razr once every couple of days. I have yet to ever reboot my Trophy or be forces to pull the battery.

I'm the same way. I've rebooted a couple times, but only to fix issues with individual programs. (Like the other day my browser was rendering a particular forum in a rather bizarre way.)

I'm okay with Android, but there's certain things I think it should never be used for. (Anything serious, like business.) The stock email and SMS clients are unreliable at best, as one "bad" email can bring email sync to a painful, screaming halt. The manufacturer bloatware complicates things horribly, giving Android the exact same troubles people used to have with Windows Mobile. It's a mess.

Ice Cream Sandwich shows promise, but because Google finally said enough was enough with the bloatware, almost no manufacturers are offering it. Figures.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same way. I've rebooted a couple times, but only to fix issues with individual programs. (Like the other day my browser was rendering a particular forum in a rather bizarre way.)

I'm okay with Android, but there's certain things I think it should never be used for. (Anything serious, like business.) The stock email and SMS clients are unreliable at best, as one "bad" email can bring email sync to a painful, screaming halt. The manufacturer bloatware complicates things horribly, giving Android the exact same troubles people used to have with Windows Mobile. It's a mess.

Ice Cream Sandwich shows promise, but because Google finally said enough was enough with the bloatware, almost no manufacturers are offering it. Figures.

Except htc, sony, lg, and samsung in their newest phones. Not to mention the leaked moto roms. But you're right nobody is offering it or has any plans to. may want to do a little research first. And I have used all 3 os(Ios, android, wp7) so don't try and pull the ****** card.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The lack of WP support on Verizon makes me want to switch carriers... but with Apollo so close, and everything.. I'm trying to stick it out for the long run.

As I always tell people. Verizon has the best service, AT&T has the best phones, and Sprint has the best contracts. >_< You just can't win.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The lack of WP support on Verizon makes me want to switch carriers... but with Apollo so close, and everything.. I'm trying to stick it out for the long run.

As I always tell people. Verizon has the best service, AT&T has the best phones, and Sprint has the best contracts. >_< You just can't win.

And T-Mobile has the prettiest spokespeople. :)

Anyway...the Lumia 900 is so nice and the $99 price point makes it a great switcher phone to get out of Verizon contract with ETF but I just have this great feeling that Big Red will pull the Lumia card knowing LTE is the future for them. It is the matter of when and when might be just around the corner when the "other" big phone that will come out in the fall.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
And T-Mobile has the prettiest spokespeople. :)

Anyway...the Lumia 900 is so nice and the $99 price point makes it a great switcher phone to get out of Verizon contract with ETF but I just have this great feeling that Big Red will pull the Lumia card knowing LTE is the future for them. It is the matter of when and when might be just around the corner when the "other" big phone that will come out in the fall.

I think verizon will eventually get something similar to the lumia. Not to mention no matter how great the phone is if the network is spotty. Ill stick with verizon over at&t

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
LOL verizon with a WP7 ? LOL !

They have their head so far up Google's... well... anyway.. the only thing they have is 20mbs to a phone.. LOL seriously.. you need that kind of bandwidth to a phone ?

Uh no.. I live in a VERY rural area and have no problem with AT&T's service.. forgive me if I have no intention of paying verizon ever again..

They have a grudge against MS.. and thats fine.. they can have one less customer too..

ME !

:) Good luck waiting ... I wont forget the 8 month delay for the mediocre trophy.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I come on wpcentral nearly every day with the singular hope of seeing an article titled "Lumia 900 coming to Verizon Wireless" (or something to that effect). Hopefully that'll make all these years of waiting worth it.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
LOL verizon with a WP7 ? LOL !

They have their head so far up Google's... well... anyway.. the only thing they have is 20mbs to a phone.. LOL seriously.. you need that kind of bandwidth to a phone ?

Uh no.. I live in a VERY rural area and have no problem with AT&T's service.. forgive me if I have no intention of paying verizon ever again..

They have a grudge against MS.. and thats fine.. they can have one less customer too..

ME !

:) Good luck waiting ... I wont forget the 8 month delay for the mediocre trophy.

They have no grudge it is about making money. WP still isn't selling that well and verizon isn't going to go all in on something that isn't a proven seller. Plus I am sure they will be just fine without you as a customer, they have another 80+ million to worry about. Not to mention when the first wp devices came out they were all pretty mediocre.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't agree with you more on that.
I do agree that Sprint has the best contracts, but Verizon has a promo code for our data plans that makes them compete with Sprint price-wise, it's just not advertised. As for phones, I think AT&T is a little more experimental with their handsets, but I wouldn't say their phones are "better."

Except for the Lumia 900 and Titan II of course. I told my district manager I was probably gonna move my personal line to AT&T so I can get the phone I want and he was like "Windows phones are junk, why don't you get the special edition Razr?" and I was like "Because Androids are garbage"

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
They have no grudge it is about making money. WP still isn't selling that well and verizon isn't going to go all in on something that isn't a proven seller. Plus I am sure they will be just fine without you as a customer, they have another 80+ million to worry about. Not to mention when the first wp devices came out they were all pretty mediocre.

Yep.. thats exactly VZW's attitude too.. Arrogance.. they dont need me.. nor do they care if I was a 15 year customer... they have 80 million other customers.. good for them. Apparently their customers are supposed to buy what they sell... they shouldnt ask for what they want.. nor expect anything but what they tell them to buy...

And FWIW , they dont really know if WP7 will sell.... they have one mediocre phone to offer... one **** of a test case.. be like Chevy testing the sports car waters by offering a Chevette .. instead of a Corvette ! Not to mention marketing be damned. (think Droid)

VZW is indefensible on this forum. Everything else is just an excuse. Just my .02 I'm sure YMMV

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I come on wpcentral nearly every day with the singular hope of seeing an article titled "Lumia 900 coming to Verizon Wireless" (or something to that effect). Hopefully that'll make all these years of waiting worth it.
"Rumor: Lumia 900 coming to Verizon Wireless in Q4 2013"

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry... but really Verizon is smart here not to jump on WP's bandwagon.

look at from their point of view, they are already the number 1 carrier with undoubtedly the best overall service they don't need to spend money on a OS that no one knows for sure is going to catch on. They can wait for other carriers to do the research and marketing for them then jump in when people actually start asking for WP in real numbers.

90% of verizon customers only care about android and iOS. Why would they spend millions on advertising something that less than 5% of the population uses in the US? If they can survive not having the Iphone for what 2 years or so? they can definitly wait on WP7 and see how it sells on AT&T and T-mobile before jumping in Q3/Q4 with WP8. With multiple manufacturers offering WP getting one on VZW when they want will not be a problem.

So as a verizon customer, yes i am frustarated, but guys... Blackberry still has a greater market share than WP7 and that isnt going to change this year and who knows what will happen when/if BB10 gets off the ground. Being on top means Vzw has luxary to be patient and see how it fairs before committing money to it.

Be patient, if it catches on, WP will definitly be on VZW in the fall in all it's LTE glory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss