WP on Verizon?

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't asking you, but since you answered anyway, how do you use so much?
It might not matter any more. Verizon isn't going to allow us to gradfather in to our unlimited data plans, any more. Verizon: You can keep your unlimited data plan, but no subsidized phones - Gadgetbox on msnbc.com

Unlimited data and coverage are the only reasons I have stayed on Verizon. I'm not so sure I want to wait for the Holiday season for a WP8 device. Especially if Verizon is only going to have HTC devices. The Titan is great, but I would really like to have the Lumia 900 for the truBlack display.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It might not matter any more. Verizon isn't going to allow us to gradfather in to our unlimited data plans, any more. Verizon: You can keep your unlimited data plan, but no subsidized phones - Gadgetbox on msnbc.com

Unlimited data and coverage are the only reasons I have stayed on Verizon. I'm not so sure I want to wait for the Holiday season for a WP8 device. Especially if Verizon is only going to have HTC devices. The Titan is great, but I would really like to have the Lumia 900 for the truBlack display.

You use more than 2Gb a month?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering trying to switch to 4Gb for $30. You can get that if you buy a 4G phone, but I don't know if I could get it. That would cover all I need and then some.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering trying to switch to 4Gb for $30. You can get that if you buy a 4G phone, but I don't know if I could get it. That would cover all I need and then some.

Do they still have that deal? It'd be nice if they would have it when they get a WP8 phone.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The 4G devices getting 4GB of data is going to be standard. LTE is wayyyy more efficient to operate so we're doubling data, releasing shared plans, and all that because our LTE covers over 2/3 of our customers.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It's my impression that as long we buy our own devices (unsubsidized) we will be able to keep unlimited data, even if we were to go from a 3g device (ie Trophy) to a 4g device later. Is that what they are saying internally?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Do they still have that deal? It'd be nice if they would have it when they get a WP8 phone.

Yes, they still have it advertised online.

The 4G devices getting 4GB of data is going to be standard. LTE is wayyyy more efficient to operate so we're doubling data, releasing shared plans, and all that because our LTE covers over 2/3 of our customers.

I'm ok with a shared plan, I just want at least 3GB to play with. As it stands right now I don't use that much data, but with a phone that gets better reception and LTE that could change.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
If shared plans work the way I think they will,you'll pay like $50 for 10GB and then $10 per line to dip into it. Or like $30 for 4GB and $10 per line, etc.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If shared plans work the way I think they will,you'll pay like $50 for 10GB and then $10 per line to dip into it. Or like $30 for 4GB and $10 per line, etc.

I'm not a big data user, so 4GB would easily work for me and my wife, even though I would prefer 6. My biggest concern is that the cost of my plan will increase. I've got a promotional plan I found online that is a pretty good value and I will really hate to lose that. I guess we will know before long what's going to happen.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Except that 4gb promo ends in june sometime. not to mention they want to make $$ on overages so I could see them making 2gb for 30 to screw people.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't asking you, but since you answered anyway, how do you use so much?

It's really easy on LTE and unlimited. Never turn wifi on. Ever.
Stream audio frequently. Download large files. Dropbox is set up to auto-upload photos. Tether. Occasional netflix at the gym.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
It's really easy on LTE and unlimited. Never turn wifi on. Ever.
Stream audio frequently. Download large files. Dropbox is set up to auto-upload photos. Tether. Occasional netflix at the gym.

So, you don't like using wifi? May I ask why you choose to not ever use wifi? I can understand perhaps not needing it as much with LTE but, never turning wifi on at all seems a bit extreme considering that using wifi doesn't cost you anything extra (so long as you stick with free wifi).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)