Is there any Internet Traffic Monitoring app?

Odessiter

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

I'm just curious if there is any application that would allow monitoring your handheld internet traffic?
I've just switched to another internet plan with my carrier. It's now unlimited. But the point is that 150 Mb per day is at 3g speed and after this amount is used speed switches to Edge. So, in order to have control over this feature, I would love to have some app that could tell me how many Mbs are used this or that day and so on.

Thanx for replying in advance.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

I'm just curious if there is any application that would allow monitoring your handheld internet traffic?
I've just switched to another internet plan with my carrier. It's now unlimited. But the point is that 150 Mb per day is at 3g speed and after this amount is used speed switches to Edge. So, in order to have control over this feature, I would love to have some app that could tell me how many Mbs are used this or that day and so on.

Thanx for replying in advance.
There is no app for that. Infact there never will be.
Developers would gladly make something as simple and usefull as that but it can't be done.
Microsoft screwed this up badly by restricitngs apps to run in the background.

Sorry :(

lemonez

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There is no app for that. Infact there never will be.
Developers would gladly make something as simple and usefull as that but it can't be done.
Microsoft screwed this up badly by restricitngs apps to run in the background.

Sorry :(

True.

Not only it is not possible to run in the background (actually there are some limited ways to do some things in the background), but there is no way to intercept the internet traffic or get it in some way.

Hopefully Windows Phone 8 would allow more integration for third party apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb