Nokia granted patent for new Windows Phone design, matches leak from 2011

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-granted-patent-new-windows-phone-design-matches-leak-2011

nokiapatent.png

Nokia was reacently granted a patent (D655,698) with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in early March for a new smartphone "ornamental" design . What makes the filing interesting though is that it seemingly matches what appears to be prototypes from a supposed Nokia promotional video leaked last August (see stills below).

nokiapatentrender.PNG

At the time, that video and phones shown within, were thought to be fake but alas, they happen to look exactly like those now revealed in the granted patent. You want more? As pointed out by LiveSide.net, the day that promo video hit the internet, August 10th, was the same day that the patent was filed.
That certainly makes things a bit interesting.
No doubt Nokia has more deigns in the works for their new Windows Phone line up. The USPTO images clearly show the typical Windows Phone buttons on the right hand side: Volume, Power and camera, matching that of their Lumia 610, 800 and 900 devices (the 710 has power on the top). What remains to be seen, however, is whether this is low-end, mid-range or high-end device, assuming it ever gets made.

nokiapatentrender3.jpg

Watch the pulled Nokia promo video after the break...

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Talk to me when the PureView models start leaking... Until then I'm thinking a 900 will fill the bill.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Nokia makes some super hot looking hardware. I put a case on whatever phone I have so honestly have one made out of a ceramic material (rumors for Galaxy S3) or glass or uni-body aluminum (rumored for iP5), who cares. What I want is a sexy device that won't breakdown like a overpriced sports car.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice... but that edge-to-edge glass looks FRAGILE. Hope that's just an optical illusion. One of the things I love about the Lumia 900 is that it manages to be pretty sleek without being delicate. I feel safe carrying it around with just the minimalist "bumper" case on it and confident it's not going to shatter like an iPhone if it gets dropped once.

I'm not interested in a sleek and sexy phone if it needs a giant Nerf case on it (like almost every iPhone I see) to keep it from shattering if it gets dropped.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Nice... but that edge-to-edge glass looks FRAGILE. Hope that's just an optical illusion. One of the things I love about the Lumia 900 is that it manages to be pretty sleek without being delicate. I feel safe carrying it around with just the minimalist "bumper" case on it and confident it's not going to shatter like an iPhone if it gets dropped once.

I'm not interested in a sleek and sexy phone if it needs a giant Nerf case on it (like almost every iPhone I see) to keep it from shattering if it gets dropped.
My boy showed me how tough his 900 is when I went to get my device... he threw it and it was loud enough to have customers on the other side of the store turn. It landed right on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss