att bumpers

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was at a store yesterday, and a rep said they can't have accessories out before launch, but he was nice enough to show me the accessories page he had access to. I'm about 95% certain I'm going to get the black Lumia 900 with the lime green bumper. It'll be different and not like everyone else's.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
got mine today, very nice gel case, now the worry about my camera strip is finally over. judging by the package it's the same that ATT is selling in store and on its website for $20.

Does the gel case make the phone any thicker? What about putting it in your pocket? Does it make it more difficult to slide out?

wilco9

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Does the gel case make the phone any thicker? What about putting it in your pocket? Does it make it more difficult to slide out?

not at all. it's a gel case, not a hard one, you don't even feel the difference, only the ease that knowing the camera is now protected. i highly recommend this

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
the bumper by nokia does raise the camera off slightly its totally worth it and adds very minimal thickness to the phone. i have the n9, which came with the bumper.:p

fifique

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Bought a bumper but very disappointed with it. It has nodules on the inside of the button covers that make it so it's VERY easy to inadvertently push them. Going to return it and purchase case with cut outs for the buttons.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't digging the bumper as it didn't raise the phone, which to me make it pretty useless. I bought the iFrogz case. It does not add much to the thickness and slides in and out of my pocket easily. The case itself is gel (cyan or grey) with a white hard shell on the back. They are swappable so you can have the case cyan/white or grey/white I'm liking it so far, and I usually hate cases.

iFrogz 2-pk Gels with Shell Cocoon Case - NOKIA LUMIA 900 - Cell Phone Accessories - from AT&T

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought the bumper and it is absolutely useless if you are thinking it will help protect the cam chrome when placed on a surface.

The front and back of the phone is still in full contact with the surface of whatever you are placing the phone on.

I found a pic this guy took today of his bumper so I'm including that here too.

I will think about keeping it because it matches the phone and if I do drop it, the most likely places to get scuffed are the edges. The bumper will give my phone a low percentage of escaping scuff free.

But, from what I gather, even scuffs are hard to administer. I am still trying to find info about Lumia 800s surviving falls.

Ghetto cleartape on the chrome will continue to be how I roll.

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of the gel case. It looks almost exactly like the phone itself, and fits very nicely. My only complaint is the buttons are covered up, but so far I haven't had missed keypresses, or stuck buttons.

I find the whole bumper thing a bit weird anyway. Apple had to give them away to fix their cellular connection problem, and now all of a sudden they are hip? They offer almost no protection for the phone, and (just my opinion) look odd.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of the gel case. It looks almost exactly like the phone itself, and fits very nicely. My only complaint is the buttons are covered up, but so far I haven't had missed keypresses, or stuck buttons.

I find the whole bumper thing a bit weird anyway. Apple had to give them away to fix their cellular connection problem, and now all of a sudden they are hip? They offer almost no protection for the phone, and (just my opinion) look odd.

the thing i like about bumpers is that they don't add any thickness to the phone, and they protect the corners which is the only locations i've scuffed my phones from dropping them.

BigA

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the gel case today from At&t. I like it and lifts the phone a little so I can put the phone down now without worrying about the camera strip getting scratched.
For those of you who have recieved the gel case, can you take a picture of it on the phone? I have the cyan and I am interested how much the cyan color you can see under the case.

Thanks

sayonical

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why no one else thought to put clear packing tape on the chrome like i did as soon as I took it out the book. It has been scratch free ever since.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why no one else thought to put clear packing tape on the chrome like i did as soon as I took it out the book. It has been scratch free ever since.

i've thought about it, but personally, i can never get any kind of covering on to where i don't notice it's there.

grameer_poleece

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have recieved the gel case, can you take a picture of it on the phone? I have the cyan and I am interested how much the cyan color you can see under the case.

I'll do it when I get home. I use the black gel case for my cyan when I'm at work for protection. It looks good because you can see a ring of cyan around the screen and the ports. Gives the appearance of an accent color so it's not just plain black. It looks similar to how HTC does color accents around their cameras or earpieces on certain phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss