What do you all think? VZW Lumia

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Just tinkering with getting a general feel on what the Lumia would look like IF Verizon would get the Lumia 900. Can't we dream huh?

Last edited:

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I was half expecting to see a frozen **** or flying pigs in the background. ;)

Nice work, though! I'm very impressed.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't know that was a bad word... o_O

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well...after the past few days of miserable data loss on AT&T.....I would jump to Verizon in a second if the 900 was available.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Donta79

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
VZW passed on the Lumia and all other WP7 Mango phone for that matter. VZW will not carry any new Windows Phone devices till Windows 8 :(

VZW is in love with Android , because VZW can put their bloatware on Android to draw revenue......
I am happy that apple does not allow ZW bloatware on iOS! I hope microsoft follows the same theory of no bloatware from VZW!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
VZW passed on the Lumia and all other WP7 Mango phone for that matter. VZW will not carry any new Windows Phone devices till Windows 8 :(

VZW is in love with Android , because VZW can put their bloatware on Android to draw revenue......
I am happy that apple does not allow ZW bloatware on iOS! I hope microsoft follows the same theory of no bloatware from VZW!

Yup.

I wish everyone would/could vote with their wallet when it comes to carrier bloatware. Why on earth would anyone choose a phone you have to root and screw with just to remove garbage?

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
This carrier subsidy crap needs to go away NOW. That you can use the phone anywhere you want.

Most people couldn't pay $600 up front for a smartphone, and you couldn't finance a smartphone because a smartphone, unlike a car, isn't collateral that a lender could feasibly repossess. The subsidies are the only way most Americans can afford smartphones.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
This carrier subsidy crap needs to go away NOW. That you can use the phone anywhere you want.

You know the carriers would never allow that to happen!

Plus, there's network incompatibilities (Sprint/Verizon being CDMA and AT&T/T-Mobile being GSM) and even though all of them are moving to LTE, not everyone's using the same bands.

Most people couldn't pay $600 up front for a smartphone, and you couldn't finance a smartphone because a smartphone, unlike a car, isn't collateral that a lender could feasibly repossess. The subsidies are the only way most Americans can afford smartphones.

Unless everyone is living paycheck to paycheck, I don't think that's true. I think people just do it because that's just how cell phone service has always been sold here--a phone around $199 in exchange for a two year contract.

Which is disappointing because if carriers didn't subsidize phones for us and let us purchase them outright, most of us would probably save money over the length of two years. Have you heard of the T-Mobile Value plan? It's a good example, and it's similar to what they do in Europe.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You know the carriers would never allow that to happen!

Plus, there's network incompatibilities (Sprint/Verizon being CDMA and AT&T/T-Mobile being GSM) and even though all of them are moving to LTE, not everyone's using the same bands.

Unless everyone is living paycheck to paycheck, I don't think that's true. I think people just do it because that's just how cell phone service has always been sold here--a phone around $199 in exchange for a two year contract.

Which is disappointing because if carriers didn't subsidize phones for us and let us purchase them outright, most of us would probably save money over the length of two years. Have you heard of the T-Mobile Value plan? It's a good example, and it's similar to what they do in Europe.

This.

These carriers have you believing you can't afford a phone. How does the rest of the world do it then? They also want you to think there is competitive pricing among them. There isn't, unless you are thinking it's an 'honor among thieves' mentality. I don't have an issue with them making money, the issue is robbing us and calling it competitive pricing.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
This.

These carriers have you believing you can't afford a phone. How does the rest of the world do it then? They also want you to think there is competitive pricing among them. There isn't, unless you are thinking it's an 'honor among thieves' mentality. I don't have an issue with them making money, the issue is robbing us and calling it competitive pricing.

If anyone is wondering how the rest of the world does it, look here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1621725-post19.htm

That's right, in the UK, for a similar plan they pay like half of what we do. And some of the carriers there actually offer REAL unlimited data, no caps, no throttling, no "unlimited data" followed by a bunch of asterisks that say you can't do this, fair usage policy that.

The thing is in Europe, you're only paying for what you need to. If you bring your own device, you don't have to pay some inflated price. Why should you? The carrier didn't subsidize your device, they shouldn't get more of your money for something they didn't do. But if you want to buy a device from the carrier and spread the payments out? No problem, they'll add the cost of the device to your monthly payment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb