Any news on next gen (Apollo) Nokia Lumia?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
So has anybody heard of any rumors of what kind of specs are in store for the next generation Lumia? Screen resolution, dual core? Also is there any chance Apollo phones are released before the end of this year?

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Saw a rumor that Win8 Nokia Lumia device will be coming to VZW later this year. I keep hearing Oct as the Win8 release Month..:cool:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Not really related to Nokia, but I read a rumour that Windows 8 will have four versions:

PC
Tablet
Windows 8 phone
Windows 8 phone watch - like a iPod nano.

Don't know about anyone else, but I am STOKED to find out more about that. :)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Saw a rumor that Win8 Nokia Lumia device will be coming to VZW later this year. I keep hearing Oct as the Win8 release Month..:cool:

Most likely.
Nokia moved Nokia World one month earlier to September this year. Would be in sync with October launch of WP8 devices.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Not really related to Nokia, but I read a rumour that Windows 8 will have four versions:

PC
Tablet
Windows 8 phone
Windows 8 phone watch - like a iPod nano.

Don't know about anyone else, but I am STOKED to find out more about that. :)

Better yet...

Windows Tablet/Phone? :D

LOL

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia and MS plan to release 4 resolutions so I bet you will get everything from a WP watch to a 3.7 - 4.3 to a Titan like phone/tablet.

The thing about Apollo is Apple can easily release the iPhone 5 in Q3 which alot of rumors point to that date. That will kill alot of hype when it comes to Apollo and Windows 8 launch.

I wonder how MS is going to respond to that. I really wish they released earlier rather than waiting for Q4. They could atleast release Win8 and Win8 Apollo software in Q3 then release hardware later on.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I see the next Lumina to stay in the 9xx number family, maybe 950 or 990. Still I would like that sweet designers vision of the Lumina 920.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
There was also a rumor that the Apollo Nokia phones wouldn't be based on the N9 design and will be something brand new.

Also, since I don't see it here, other rumors I've heard

1. Verizon device with 720p, Qualcomm S4 MSM8960
2. Sprint device with WVGA, QWERTY keyboard, Qualcomm S4 MSM8960
3. Apollo phones to be carrier specific designs (in the US at least)
4. There is a possibility that some phones will use the Qualcomm S4 MSM8960 Pro, which has a GPU that is (I believe) twice as fast as the normal S4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss