Preorders are now LIVEfor all of the new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021

04-26-2012 04:20 PM
33 12
tools
    Alright guys, I gave up and returned mine for an iphone 4s. I will probably try a WP again when 8 comes out, but for now, I am sticking with the fruit.
    04-19-2012 09:43 PM
    Awwww oh well :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-22-2012 12:57 PM
    Finally found a solid set of earbuds, with microphone and pause/FF/Rew clicks, for a reasonable price. From Radio Shack, or, "The Shack" as absolutely nobody calls it. They're called Auvio Pearl Buds w/ Mic, and they play with the Lumia900 perfectly.

$20 seems pretty reasonable, for complete functionality, in an accessory that, realistically, I'm going to break or lose in the next few months. Other commenters have mentioned the problem with the Purity earbuds that they won't work their magic when the screen's gone to sleep - these seem to work immediately every time.

Full audiophile disclosure: I can totally tell the difference between $400 Beats and cheap earphones, I just don't really care. Somebody else will have to give a review of the fidelity. These are way better than I need. They come in several saucy colors, too.

edit: I found something that doesn't work, and it's really basic - click-to-answer-an-incoming-call doesn't seem to work. I hadn't received an incoming call when I posted my initial review, now I'm oh-for-five. Everything else works, all the weird stuff listening to music and books is still aces.
    Last edited by peebeeandjay; 04-22-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: found a flaw
    SuperGrafx likes this.
    04-22-2012 06:54 PM
    Glad to hear that something was found.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    04-22-2012 07:05 PM
    I have Etymotics which are highend Noisecanceling earphones that have a mic for our Windows Phones specifically. I have used multiple Etymotics over the past 4 years with iPhones, iPADS, 1st gen Windows Phone, and now 2nd Gen and the Mic/click button works very well. Now the Play/Pause is hit or miss but this is an OS issue not Nokia issue as my Samsung Focus S had the same problem. Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2„ headset + earphones
    04-23-2012 01:28 PM
    I'm using the hf2's as well and don't have issues. My answer end call button works while screen is on lock and play pause works as well. Great headphone by the way. The issues seem to be that it looks as if the phone turns priority of its buttons off when phone is locked. I know also that the headphones that came with the focus s worked with all features on the 900.

04-23-2012 02:44 PM
    I'm using the hf2's as well and don't have issues. My answer end call button works while screen is on lock and play pause works as well. Great headphone by the way. The issues seem to be that it looks as if the phone turns priority of its buttons off when phone is locked. I know also that the headphones that came with the focus s worked with all features on the 900.

Just to get this straight, you are saying the play/pause/next/previous work all the time when the phone is locked, and the screen is off? Not just some of the time, but all the time?
    04-23-2012 04:36 PM
    Just to get this straight, you are saying the play/pause/next/previous work all the time when the phone is locked, and the screen is off? Not just some of the time, but all the time?
    I have given up on it.. and am just sticking with the purity in ears. For play/pause when the screen is off I find that if I just mash the button quickly 5-10 times it works for both... I know its not a great solution but oh well. On the plus side the headphones sound pretty great and are very comfortable.

Also.. they work 100% of the time in other apps that are streaming audio besides zune. Hopefully there is a patch coming down the line somewhere. I really like this phone a lot and don't want to give it up.
    04-26-2012 04:20 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD