A good earphone with mic

sayonical

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The iFrogz Luxe headphones mike and skip controls work sporadically when the screen is off. Not consistently. The audio is also terrible compared to my previous sony

hollywars

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
skull candy iNkd and the jvc with memory foam in ear buds actually work the skull candy 50/50 do not work :( those are the only two headphones that seem to work with mic and remote. I blew 50 for the 50/50 and they did not work but my iNkd that are missing ear buds works just the replacement buds are on back order with skull candy. hope this helps anyone out there both headphones that DO work are $20 for the skull candy iNkd and 16.99 for the jvc at walmart they were the blue jvc ones. my skull candy's were white and grey

lhickam

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
skull candy iNkd and the jvc with memory foam in ear buds actually work the skull candy 50/50 do not work :( those are the only two headphones that seem to work with mic and remote. I blew 50 for the 50/50 and they did not work but my iNkd that are missing ear buds works just the replacement buds are on back order with skull candy. hope this helps anyone out there both headphones that DO work are $20 for the skull candy iNkd and 16.99 for the jvc at walmart they were the blue jvc ones. my skull candy's were white and grey
have you tested the play/pause in line controls on these headphones with the screen of the lumia 900 turned off? this is the main issue people are having... not weather they get sound.

hollywars

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
have you tested the play/pause in line controls on these headphones with the screen of the lumia 900 turned off? this is the main issue people are having... not weather they get sound.

yes and it worked just fine. The sound was never an issue as I stated. I could hear everything just fine. Problem was mic did not work. The remote clicks were heard through the mic but no voice during phone calls or the voice commands thru the phone. I still have other issues with the phone that were not fixed with the update but these worked fine on this cyan 900.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys, I gave up and returned mine for an iphone 4s. I will probably try a WP again when 8 comes out, but for now, I am sticking with the fruit.

peebeeandjay

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Earbuds that 100% work, for $20

Finally found a solid set of earbuds, with microphone and pause/FF/Rew clicks, for a reasonable price. From Radio Shack, or, "The Shack" as absolutely nobody calls it. They're called Auvio Pearl Buds w/ Mic, and they play with the Lumia900 perfectly.

$20 seems pretty reasonable, for complete functionality, in an accessory that, realistically, I'm going to break or lose in the next few months. Other commenters have mentioned the problem with the Purity earbuds that they won't work their magic when the screen's gone to sleep - these seem to work immediately every time.

Full audiophile disclosure: I can totally tell the difference between $400 Beats and cheap earphones, I just don't really care. Somebody else will have to give a review of the fidelity. These are way better than I need. They come in several saucy colors, too.

edit: I found something that doesn't work, and it's really basic - click-to-answer-an-incoming-call doesn't seem to work. I hadn't received an incoming call when I posted my initial review, now I'm oh-for-five. Everything else works, all the weird stuff listening to music and books is still aces.

Last edited:

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have Etymotics which are highend Noisecanceling earphones that have a mic for our Windows Phones specifically. I have used multiple Etymotics over the past 4 years with iPhones, iPADS, 1st gen Windows Phone, and now 2nd Gen and the Mic/click button works very well. Now the Play/Pause is hit or miss but this is an OS issue not Nokia issue as my Samsung Focus S had the same problem. Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2?„? headset + earphones

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the hf2's as well and don't have issues. My answer end call button works while screen is on lock and play pause works as well. Great headphone by the way. The issues seem to be that it looks as if the phone turns priority of its buttons off when phone is locked. I know also that the headphones that came with the focus s worked with all features on the 900.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the hf2's as well and don't have issues. My answer end call button works while screen is on lock and play pause works as well. Great headphone by the way. The issues seem to be that it looks as if the phone turns priority of its buttons off when phone is locked. I know also that the headphones that came with the focus s worked with all features on the 900.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Just to get this straight, you are saying the play/pause/next/previous work all the time when the phone is locked, and the screen is off? Not just some of the time, but all the time?

lhickam

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to get this straight, you are saying the play/pause/next/previous work all the time when the phone is locked, and the screen is off? Not just some of the time, but all the time?

I have given up on it.. and am just sticking with the purity in ears. For play/pause when the screen is off I find that if I just mash the button quickly 5-10 times it works for both... I know its not a great solution but oh well. On the plus side the headphones sound pretty great and are very comfortable.

Also.. they work 100% of the time in other apps that are streaming audio besides zune. Hopefully there is a patch coming down the line somewhere. I really like this phone a lot and don't want to give it up.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234