Apps that I am STILL waiting for.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I did receive this email from a member of the Photosynth group:

Yes. We are working on Photosynth for Windows Phone now. We haven?t announced a ship date, but I?m confident it will ship, and it will be good.

Cheers, David.
David Gedye
Photosynth Lead Program Manager
Microsoft.

Last edited:

cpeloquin

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm not sure what else to do. Keep beating....

PHOTOSYNTH (dammit Microsoft, have you absolutely no shame here???)
Hulu+
DirecTV app with streaming video
Words with Friends (this one game is stopping many of my friends from even considering WP7)
Draw Something
Paypal
American Express
the_Max! (Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union app)
Waze (new rumors that this one is close maybe)
Camera+
Photoshop Express
Roku remote app (official)
Logitech Revue remote app
HBO GO
Instagram (meh)
Pandora (official app that won't break when Pandora feels like breaking the 3rd party apps out there)
Hipstamatic
ANY video editing apps (Vimeo, Silent Film Director, iMovie equiv)
Ford Sync apps (come on microsoft. maybe not as embarrassing as PHOTOSYNTH still not being on WP7 but pretty close)
MotionX gps apps
Mapquest
Nook by B&N
Peak.ar
Nike+GPS
USA Today Autopilot (TripIt helper app)
GateGuru
missing airline apps
Angry Birds (current versions)

Also, many of the 'major' apps already on WP7 are older less capable versions than their iOS/android equivalents and need to be updated to be at least as good. Many of them haven't even been updated for Mango - that is sad.

Come on everyone, grab a whip and join in! :excl::confused::excl:
yes! please windows 7 apps for

chase mobile
go payment
angry birds
instagram
pandora
paypal
etsy!
pinterest

i'm requesting! i'm requesting! i'm requesting! i'm requesting! i'm requesting!

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Stitcher ... this is (IMHO) the best podcast "streaming" app out there.

Many hours listening for me on IOS & Android. Sent them an email offering to be a beta tester after seeing a story here on WPCentral that it was coming and they wrote back saying "No Plans at all" !

/BD :mad:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Words with Friends
Wells Fargo Banking App

The only other thing i would add, is a first party Pandora App, and instagram. I wanna share my photos that I shoot with my Titan II !!!! Fhotoroom is okay but doesn't have the amount of people. Windows Phone only!

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Even if MSFT funds the development of all these missing apps, what' the guarantee that they will be updated with the same frequency as the iOS versions? Software development is very expensive and most shops would prefer to remain iOS-only for that reason alone.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
JETPACK!!! :p
Other than that there's nothing that is really a must for me. There's always a good alternative for almost everything.
What I just wish for is that the developers, for their upcoming releases, treat WP in the same way that they treat android and iOS! However, that's not going to happen before WP has more users so...

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think once Windows 8 releases (it's Windows, after all - pretty much everyone is going to have a copy eventually) and apps become portable written for one or the other, the app devs won't really have a reason not to. Until then, we're in the same boat apple was in for apps for many years - many devs didn't write for their ecosystem because it was small and didn't make fiscal sense. At least that's my humble opinion.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I think once Windows 8 releases (it's Windows, after all - pretty much everyone is going to have a copy eventually) and apps become portable written for one or the other, the app devs won't really have a reason not to. Until then, we're in the same boat apple was in for apps for many years - many devs didn't write for their ecosystem because it was small and didn't make fiscal sense. At least that's my humble opinion.

Once WinRT is released in a few months, there will be an explosion of app development for W8/WP8.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The only other thing i would add, is a first party Pandora App, and instagram. I wanna share my photos that I shoot with my Titan II !!!! Fhotoroom is okay but doesn't have the amount of people. Windows Phone only!

Have you checked out EyeEm? It's a photo-sharing app. I've never used instagram to compare, but I like it. It has some pretty neat pictures from other countries on it. It's also cross-platform.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The op list included the official roku remote app. I used the official app on my iPhone, iPod touch, and wife's iPad. I like the 3rd party app Remote 4 Roku FREE better cause it has a favorites list. I have a lot of channels on my roku that I don't use a lot, but use enough to keep installed. But most of my time is spent in one of four channels. I have these in my favorites and don't have to scroll through channels looking for them

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I want a good Pocket (Read It Later) app so bad. If nothing is out by the time Windows Phone 8 ships, I'll be seriously considering making one over the end of year break.

A few others I'm looking for:
  • Some client that will allow me to post blog updates with rich formatting support, preferably WYSIWYG editing. Since I'm looking to begin development at the end of this year, I want to be able to maintain a site for my apps. The Wordpress app doesn't impress me and the Tumblr clients are weak in actual posting.
  • Still hunting around for the perfect RSS reader! I've bought three - RSS Central, Weave and Nextgen Reader - and all have their imperfections. I hope all these developers learn from each other and improve their apps - RSS Central excels in background loading of feeds, Weave has a fantastic interface and Nextgen has better formatting support.
  • A lyrics app with a good source, with a paid, ad-free version. All the apps I've tried are incapable of finding the lyrics of half the songs I listen to. Your app is useless if a Google search from the browser works better.

Last edited:

zabihlumia

May 15, 2012
Visit site
tweetdeck
Pulse from android, current pulse from wp7 stinks
tapatalk
working viber
youtube from android
Flipboard
screenshot
dolphin browser