Apps that I am STILL waiting for.

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in desperate need of a Logmein app or, as an alternative, a Teamviewer app.

My current contract ends on July, but my plan was to wait for WP8 phones anyway. However, recent events have made clear that I can no longer wait, and I will be forced to go Android (iPhone screen is too small for my taste)

I can only hope that one of those apps will be released for WP7 before July.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

My current contract ends on July, but my plan was to wait for WP8 phones anyway. However, recent events have made clear that I can no longer wait, and I will be forced to go Android (iPhone screen is too small for my taste)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/e2af408b-555a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

Here you go! If this helps don't forget to click "thanks" :)

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks mate, but it's not quite the same. In fact, I already use a RDP app, Remote Desktop 7.

RDP has its place, but it also has its limitations. For example, on the same network, access to other computers is quite easy, but via internet (which is the issue here) I would need to open a different port on the router for every computer I would like to access, and repeat on other routers on different networks. Another limitation is that RDP access is not available on Windows Home versions.

With Logmein, the agent installed in every computer deals with the connection, no need to open ports. It also supports Home versions.

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
the very LAST app I'm waiting for is Stitcher.

Yes; there are other podcasting apps (I use both the built-in Music+Videos app as well as Podcasts+) but not found one yet that can duplicate the "playlist" function of Stitcher.

This is the ability to make a "favorites" list of podcasts that works like a playlist whereby each podcast is updated automatically and when you play the list... they all play one after the other without one having to keep pressing play for each individual show.

/BD :cool:

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Well, sadly, it's done. I've bought a Galaxy Nexus, and the thing vindicated itself last weekend. Using Logmein in the middle of nowhere is a godsent.

Of course, being Android, I've already found a bug, the unified inbox crashes if there're no mails. Not to mention that I still feel more at home on WP7.

I hope WP8 will be ready to cover my needs the next time I change the phone.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I miss and I mean only, is a SNES emulator.

You WILL see it with WIndows Phone 8, due to being able to use native code. It's been looked into, it's not easy on WP7 nor performance would be any good. We do have a really great NES emulator(vNESlight) but, not a SNES yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3