Apps that I am STILL waiting for.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm not sure what else to do. Keep beating....

PHOTOSYNTH (dammit Microsoft, have you absolutely no shame here???)
Hulu+
DirecTV app with streaming video
Words with Friends (this one game is stopping many of my friends from even considering WP7)
Draw Something
Paypal
American Express
the_Max! (Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union app)
Waze (new rumors that this one is close maybe)
Camera+
Photoshop Express
Roku remote app (official)
Logitech Revue remote app
HBO GO
Instagram (meh)
Pandora (official app that won't break when Pandora feels like breaking the 3rd party apps out there)
Hipstamatic
ANY video editing apps (Vimeo, Silent Film Director, iMovie equiv)
Ford Sync apps (come on microsoft. maybe not as embarrassing as PHOTOSYNTH still not being on WP7 but pretty close)
MotionX gps apps
Mapquest
Nook by B&N
Peak.ar
Nike+GPS
USA Today Autopilot (TripIt helper app)
GateGuru
missing airline apps
Angry Birds (current versions)

Also, many of the 'major' apps already on WP7 are older less capable versions than their iOS/android equivalents and need to be updated to be at least as good. Many of them haven't even been updated for Mango - that is sad.

Come on everyone, grab a whip and join in! :excl::confused::excl:

Last edited:

DZAST3R

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be that guy here, as I would enjoy many of the apps listed, but from what I can understand is that it really depends on the developers. Whether or not they want to develop for WP7 is up to them... and unfortunately not Microsoft. :confused:

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be that guy here, as I would enjoy many of the apps listed, but from what I can understand is that it really depends on the developers. Whether or not they want to develop for WP7 is up to them... and unfortunately not Microsoft. :confused:
MS/Nokia supposedly have built up this war chest rumored between 10-24 MILLION dollars to get the apps people want on WP7. When will they start making it rain??? :mad:

martan1981#WN

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I miss
Waze
Viber
Skype, best if integrated
Gtalk, best if integrated
Tapatalk, no, board express is not even close
Sportstracker
Dropbox
TV Guide for my country
Probably some games.
That's why I sold my HD7. When these applications come, I will gladly give WP second chance. Very nice and fluid system. These apps and some more features will hopefully come with WP8. So november seems like a good time to give it second shot :)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they don't have DirectTV streaming apps for the other phones either....just iPad. Someone else mentioned this to me the other day and I said BE FAIR...if it isn't on other phones (not tablets) don't ***** about it not being on Windows Phone.

The Samsung photo apps have plenty of stupid Hipstamatic like filters...I don't know how in the world companies like that got popular...they are just frickin photoshop filters.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Dish Network's sling app... with streaming of recording and live tv
TomTom (I miss this sooo much from my WM days, Garmin is just not the same)
Cut the Rope (I played this on the IE9 demo and loved it, My wife has it on her iPhone and wont let me play with it)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It was mentioned before, but the app issues are mostly due to the developer's lack of interest in pursuing it. It's a catch-22. It's easy to justify making 2 apps that take care of 80% of all smartphone users. To dedicate the resources to make a third that will benefit 5% of the current users, in hopes that their market share will grow, is difficult. The Developers who HAVE made apps have made a pretty significant leap of faith.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The only ones I need at the moment are:

Tapatalk - full featured. Board Express doesn't cut it
Words with friends
Draw something

can't think of many other important ones, there are a few smaller ones i could use but i can live without them.

One thing I'll add is that maybe no Instagram is a good thing. The fewer Instagram photos out in the wild the better.

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
They should at least make a windows movie maker app because it is windows. Also a Starbucks app

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
as far as starbucks app what is the free 3rd party app Starbucks Card missing that is on ios or android I actually like it more on wp7. I can check rewards and add my card on app. Also love that i can pin my card and live tile shows card balance and card name and i can get to card in one click.

Side note does anyone besides myself wish the pageonce app could do pinning to account directly in the same way. Like live tile with account balance for checking and click to go straight into app with account transactions to use to check quickly for banks that do not have wp7 apps yet.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
uh dude..sling has been around a while http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/5e8b8122-49e4-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

and there are MUCH better nav apps than TomTom...starting with Navigon.

That app does not work with Dish Network's Sling adapters(and I know for sure, I spent 30 non-refundable dollars on an app that does not work, it will connect but error out), it's a known issue. Dish Network makes an app for iOS and Andriod, that is what I want for WP7.

I've tried assorted Navi systems for WP7 and I still like Tomtom the best.

Last edited:

ninnghizzida

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Square (Intuit's Go Payment is not as good and what is up with them releasing a crippled app?)
Where's My Water
Dropbox
Cut the Rope
Angry Birds Space
Tapatalk
Best Buy Reward Zone (another crippled app)
Alarm.com
Photosynth (really? Microsoft, really?)

Those are the few that come to mind.

Luis

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
they don't have DirectTV streaming apps for the other phones either....just iPad. Someone else mentioned this to me the other day and I said BE FAIR...if it isn't on other phones (not tablets) don't ***** about it not being on Windows Phone.

The Samsung photo apps have plenty of stupid Hipstamatic like filters...I don't know how in the world companies like that got popular...they are just frickin photoshop filters.

directv streams to iPad for free - would seem to be a small leap to goto phones, especially ones not crippled by tiny 3.5" screens....

Dish has a FREE app for iPhone that streams content from Dish receivers with slingboxes. used it all the time with my old iPhone 3GS. my buddy with a iPhone 4S uses it with his 922 with its integrated slingbox. I never bought the pay version...

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk
Voxer
Ford Sync (mainly because I drive a Ford)
Nike+ (because I use a Fuelband)
Epocrates/Medscape (because I'm a pharmacist)
Zinio
Alarm.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3