Apps that I am STILL waiting for.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm so glad that.... None of these apps listed are any of my concern. So when I do get a WP device, I wont be disappointed.

Tapatalk - I can wait to go home to talk on forums.
GTalk - I don't even use it on my Android device, now that I'm single.
Streaming video (Hulu, HBO Go and others) - Don't care for. Netflix is the only one I need.
Photosynth - "World in 3D" sounds lame, going to have to look into this.
Draw Something - Trendy iPhone/Android fad that everyone is going through, doesn't impress me.
Words With Friends - Useless to me.
Skype - I hope it gets integrated.
Viber - I beta'd it on Android, wasn't all that impressed.
Instagram - It's not a necessity, but I would like to have it. Can easily live without.
Video Editing - Can do it on my PC, don't care about doing it on the phone.

martan1981#WN

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
i'm so glad that.... None of these apps listed are any of my concern. So when I do get a WP device, I wont be disappointed.

Tapatalk - I can wait to go home to talk on forums.
GTalk - I don't even use it on my Android device, now that I'm single.
Streaming video (Hulu, HBO Go and others) - Don't care for. Netflix is the only one I need.
Photosynth - "World in 3D" sounds lame, going to have to look into this.
Draw Something - Trendy iPhone/Android fad that everyone is going through, doesn't impress me.
Words With Friends - Useless to me.
Skype - I hope it gets integrated.
Viber - I beta'd it on Android, wasn't all that impressed.
Instagram - It's not a necessity, but I would like to have it. Can easily live without.
Video Editing - Can do it on my PC, don't care about doing it on the phone.

Your explanation for Tapatalk is funny. In fact, you can wait to go home to do anything. So in fact, you don't need smartphone at all :D
Gtalk, Skype and Viber - from what you wrote, I understand you used them all, and they all suck right now. Viber is in development for a year, and still not even in beta. I think they will all be usable with WP8.
Anyway, you should not be disappointed with WP8. It's very good system, just needs some polishing.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk is really the only app I'm still waiting for, but the only forum I really go on often is this one, and it works great on my browser on my phone so it's no biggie.

Opera Ghost

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Alarm.com was mentioned a couple times. It's been out for some time now. Been using it for about six weeks or so.

I'm still hoping we see Audible in the next day or two.

OG

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Your explanation for Tapatalk is funny. In fact, you can wait to go home to do anything. So in fact, you don't need smartphone at all :D
Gtalk, Skype and Viber - from what you wrote, I understand you used them all, and they all suck right now. Viber is in development for a year, and still not even in beta. I think they will all be usable with WP8.
Anyway, you should not be disappointed with WP8. It's very good system, just needs some polishing.

Yeah, I used Viber during Androids beta and I wasn't all that impressed. GTalk, I can easily live without. My main concern was the fact that it was me and my girlfriends (now ex) main communication tool, so that's out the window. Skype was just released, and from the reviews and what people are saying about it Tango is still better (Being on Verizon, HTC Trophy doesn't have a FFC, so that's pointless).

As for WP8, I can't wait for it. I've been hanging out these forums and looking through all the WP news for quite awhile. I can't wait to pick up a WP device, just not dropping the hammer of $500 on an HTC Trophy.

I'm not much of an app person, I have a few apps for what I need and the rest isn't a necessity... It would be nice to have, but not exactly a "ZOMG DEAL BREAKER, 'CAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE SUCH AND SUCH APP". >_>

EveryApp Mobile

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
There will be a tapatalk based client(not official) developed by me coming out in the near future. What I can tell you that so far IT'S FAST! I mean REALLY FAST!

Please be patient and once it's finished you'll have likely the best tapatalk client that will be available for windows phone for some time. Not even an official tapatalk client will be able to overcome it. I have very deep intimate knowledge of the API :) The first version will be simple and will have the basic features necessary.

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Opera ghost I have been using the beta of audible for some weeks and it is really sweet though main thing it is missing for me is options to change narration speeds and to download the daily stuff like nyt and wj.

Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

Opera Ghost

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Opera ghost I have been using the beta of audible for some weeks and it is really sweet though main thing it is missing for me is options to change narration speeds and to download the daily stuff like nyt and wj.

That is my "one" missing app. I emailed Audible when I got my first WP7 way back in Nov 2010 and they said basically thanks for asking, but no, we have no interest in WP7 at this time. So I emailed them that I would be cancelling my account that day, and looked forward to re-joining when they released a WP7 app. I can see now that they have crumbled at the lost ~$200 in revenue and came to their senses!

Hopefully we see it soon!
OG

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see the Kindle app updated to parity with the Android and iOS apps. On those platforms, creating highlighting and annotations is supported; not on WP (or BB). I haven't heard whether Amazon has any plan to do this. Maybe now that they're in the hardware business they're not so keen on developing full-featured apps for other platforms.

typoink

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Surprised nobody else mentioned SpringPad. Great notetaking / personal organizer. OneNote and Evernote are both excellent choices, but SpringPad is currently the best if you want to clip and aggregate a lot of online content.

An official app for Pocket (aka Read It Later) would be nice, but the unofficial ones work well enough.

Also, Mint.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There will be a tapatalk based client(not official) developed by me coming out in the near future. What I can tell you that so far IT'S FAST! I mean REALLY FAST!

Please be patient and once it's finished you'll have likely the best tapatalk client that will be available for windows phone for some time. Not even an official tapatalk client will be able to overcome it. I have very deep intimate knowledge of the API :) The first version will be simple and will have the basic features necessary.

That's great to hear and good luck with your work. Can't wait to try out your app.

Just a question though, will your app allow users to view password protected boards on a forum. For example certain forums have off topic areas that you can only view when logged in, but on board express you can't see them even if you are logged in.

EveryApp Mobile

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear and good luck with your work. Can't wait to try out your app.

Just a question though, will your app allow users to view password protected boards on a forum. For example certain forums have off topic areas that you can only view when logged in, but on board express you can't see them even if you are logged in.

Password protected forums will be viewable. However, if a certain forum has a incorrect setup of the tapatalk plugin, it can cause issues.

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the following:

Words with Friends
Wells Fargo Banking App
Mobilityware's Solitaire and FreeCell

That's all I can think of for now.

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Will_solo for now I pinned wells Fargo mobile site to my device. Also if you want fast way to check balance I use page one to see that without logging into mobile site

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i don't mind the Bank apps...most have a stellar mobile site that works great! Now, I use MINT to track my budget and without ANY mobile site it make it impossible on my phone.

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Will_solo for now I pinned wells Fargo mobile site to my device. Also if you want fast way to check balance I use page one to see that without logging into mobile site

Yeah, I have the wf.com site pinned to my home screen too which is essentially the same thing as the app.

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to write app for wells Fargo but want it to load the wf.com site that loads on ios or android but even when spoofing those device the website won't load correctly and not sure why

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3