Where's Audible.com App?

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Still not on the marketplace? I thought it was supposed to be available later today?
They did say that it would be out later today. We don't why it's taking so long. It might still be stuck in the normal release cycle time, or on the marketplace already and not indexed yet.
Who knows. :/

MarcinKrupinski

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Link worked :) Already installed. Probably someone forgot to uncheck that app is hidden

The waiting is killing me. I want this app for WP7, even though I fear they will make it US and UK only. This is my worst fear, but I want the app.

It is available in polish marketplace co I think it's worldwide app. Already downloading some book to listen while I'll be driving home :)

Last edited:

BrianRichards

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
In the US marketplace but not in the UK. How wonderful! *sigh*
Might just be a matter of time. It's still not showing in a marketplace search for me, I just happened to stumble on the link at Audible's site.

When I signed into the app, it did have the option of logging in with an account from Audible's UK site in addition to the US site.

MarcinKrupinski

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
That is weird. When logging in you have to choose marketplace and there is audible.co.uk as an option. I think you should wait - there were reports of longer waiting time till app starts to show up in different marketplaces (the app for example is available in Polish Marketplace)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
This news item about it makes more sense Microsoft partners with Audible to enhance Windows Phone voice recognition, available for WP 7.5 and up -- Engadget

It sounds like the Audible.com app will just have voice control built into it.

This article is completely and totally wrong. I watched the live stream and what they said is that in Windows Phone 8, there will be an API to allow applications to plug in to TellMe. On Windows Phone 8, the Audible app takes advantage of that. Also, on Windows Phone 7.5, Audible was set to be out last night (and is actually arriving this morning).

People are reading too much of a connection between the two.

Off topic, but there's actually a similar misunderstanding floating around as well, that updates will not be subject to carrier approval. They did not say that. They said (paraphrasing) "We've had update issues in the past, which you're aware of. Because of that we've rethought our update process, and things will be delivered over the air." Again, people are making a connection between the two that Microsoft did not state.

Last edited:

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It should be available to you sometime soon. The app appears to be, THANKFULLY, release worldwide. I was just able to download it from the Japanese marketplace. :) I'm very happy to have this app.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It should be available to you sometime soon. The app appears to be, THANKFULLY, release worldwide. I was just able to download it from the Japanese marketplace. :) I'm very happy to have this app.

Thanks for letting us know niyoko, let's hope you're right.

I've been very dissapointed with Amazon's persistent lack of a UK app and was beginning to suspect, like sHAYM4N that Audible wouldn't come to the UK marketplace either.

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
audible app first day thoughts

First day thoughts on the audible app... #1 glad to have it. Nice to have book pause when I get a call.

But...
Seems to run the battery down quicker than listening to music/podcasts on the zune app. Decoding the drm with managed code??? (Lumia 900)

The lock screen audio controls work, but after turning on from sleep, play button does nothing -- I have to re-launch the audible app. Must be that when the app gets shut down by OS, the lock screen controls don't work.

Takes a lot of clicks to start a book. Find book, remember the download part you are listening to, click. I am used to the Zune device where it would preselect your active book and file. Perhaps I am missing something - when I launch app, there should just be a "Play" button that picks up where I left off.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My very first book I tried to use causes crashes everytime I try and play it. Good stuff...and expected as the kindle version of the app is exceptionally buggy.

TechMonkeh

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
After my excitement about the launch of the Audible app and subsequent disappointment at the lack of a UK release I was spurred on to send their "customer services" care team an email.

Audible for Windows Phone in the UK?

As you can guess by the title, I am UK audible user and Windows Phone fanatic.

You have no idea how much I was looking forward to release of your app for Windows phone, but you can my dismay/disgust/anger at the fact it is not available in the UK.

Can you at least explain why? Is it coming? If so when?

I received a "less than helpful" reply the next day:

Thank you for contacting Audible.co.uk. My name is Laju and I will be assisting you today. I understand that you are inquiring about the Windows phone application. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will be willing to assist.

At this time you will not be able to listen to your subscriptions on your Windows Phone. Audible continues to work to improve and expand the Audible platform for Windows Phones. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and plan to support this feature in the near future.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Laju W

Anything else you can help me with? You haven't answered my first question(s) yet. Queue another reply from me:

Laju,

Thank you for the response, but you don?t seem to have answered any of my questions. You have told me I cant listen to Aubile on my Windows phone, but I know that already.

I asked when the Audible app will be out in the UK? If ever?

Please could you tell me when?

I then got a more helpful reply:

Thank you for contacting Audible.co.uk. I hope you find yourself well today! My name is Shane and I am dedicated to resolving this issue for you.

I understand you are interested in when the Windows Phone App will be available. I will be more than willing to assist you with that information.

In reviewing your previous email your query was not answered, I do apologize for the inconvenience.

I can personally assure you that the windows 7 Application will soon be available to the UK. I can say that it will be available within the next two(2) to three(3) weeks.

I hope this information helps but If you need any further assistance, you can email or contact us by phone on 0800 496 2455 (or) +44 (0) 203 356 6218. Our operating hours are from 10am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday.

I very much appreciated your patience in the matter and thank you again for contacting Audible. Have yourself a wonderful day and please let me know if there is anything else I can have done for you.

Regards,

Shane P.

So fingers crossed and with the stars aligned we should have a UK release in the next 2 - 3 weeks ....... I am "personally" assured :)

Vetinarisman

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
It was released on UK marketplace I downloaded but it doesn't playback and app appears to have been pulled? Anyone else found this?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

TheLastMumzy

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
It's working fine for me, really happy with it. Just checked the UK marketplace and it is there
Well I give up on Audible. I have a Lumia 800 and was super happy to finally get the Audible app on WP7. However no matter what I do the app crashes as soon as it loads. I can get into the app using the Zune history but only to the last book I was listening to. Pushing the back button takes me to the Audible start screen where it promptly crashes again. Anyone got any ideas, I'm in the middle of Ender's Shadow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077