Where's Audible.com App?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I give up on Audible. I have a Lumia 800 and was super happy to finally get the Audible app on WP7. However no matter what I do the app crashes as soon as it loads. I can get into the app using the Zune history but only to the last book I was listening to. Pushing the back button takes me to the Audible start screen where it promptly crashes again. Anyone got any ideas, I'm in the middle of Ender's Shadow!
Uninstall and reinstall it. App works fine on Lumia 900.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The app is garbage, just like on the kindle fire. Extremely buggy. I tried several multi part books and had the same issues. Issues included if the app sat idle for 5 min on say part 1 of the book it would automatically jump to part 2 and start playing. Other issues include the app forgetting where you are in the book and starting over at the beginning of the section. All in all it's total rubbish. Sadly, I have hundreds of dollars in Audible books that are a nightmare to use. Even better is the fact you can't sync your library on your desktop with the phone or kindle fire via the usb cable. Neither are listed in the supported devices BUT Windows Mobile devices are there!

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on the audible app today. The crashing subsided with recent updates, but the battery burn is the deal breaker for me. My Lumia 900 can go down to 50% after a 40 minute commute. Also frustrating is the time and clicks required just to resume playing - Launch app (wait), open book (wait), load section (wait), click play (wait), click play a few more times (wait).

I suspect some of this could be blamed to managed vs native code. Perhaps they can do better with native wp8.

WP team should port native audiobook support from Zune devices. I don't need the frills, just quick and easy playback (like podcasts). I'm going back to my Zune device for now. Audible probably doesn't care as long as I keep buying.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Audible 1.3 is now available on Marketplace if you have not already upgraded. Details of what is updated or fixed I could not find..

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
@ilsonfan... Can't remove the battery in a lumia. Wish you could. Also wish you could add memory.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb