Can anyone help me get skype working right on my winnowsphone??

going west

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I start/receive a skype video call on my focus flash the sound works flawlessly, but the video is not working at all.

I get real-time video of myself reflected back to me full-screen (I have a front facing camera) but I can't see video of the other party. The person on the call with me has the same problem as well (they can't see video of me), regardless of whether they're calling from a computer or a mobile.

Anyone familiar with this problem? I have the newest version 1.0 of the app.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of it before. I still have the beta version and it works fine :)
I can't imagine they screwed this in the new version ..

touchpad4760

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I start/receive a skype video call on my focus flash the sound works flawlessly, but the video is not working at all.

I get real-time video of myself reflected back to me full-screen (I have a front facing camera) but I can't see video of the other party. The person on the call with me has the same problem as well (they can't see video of me), regardless of whether they're calling from a computer or a mobile.

Anyone familiar with this problem? I have the newest version 1.0 of the app.
I just got around to using the Skype app for a video call, and I'm having the exact same behavior as the OP: audio is just fine, but I only see myself on the scree (or I can switch to the back camera - woohoo), but the person on the other end said they just see "staring video" but it never comes across.

Basically, neither of us can see the other, even though video is enabled.

The other person was on a desktop PC - don't know what version of Skype they were using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3