GD F'N DUST PARTICLES On Screen Protector Insulation!!!!!!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so, I went through THREE screen protectors tonight. the clear kind where you peel two pieces off for the final product. Screen looks awesome when you get them on.

BUT, GD F'N C-SUCKER dust particles keep getting under the screen. HOW IN HECK DO YOU GET THEM ON WITHOUT THE PARTICLES????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

anthony2558

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I know the screen protectors your talking about. I use them cause they are cheaper then others. To get rid of the particles. Use a micro fiber cloth, do the best you can to the screen. Then rinse off the screen protector sticky side (side that adheres to the screen) under water. Rinse of all the dust, while its still wet, place it on the screen.and Squeegee the water out. Small bubbles should vanish. I know it doesn't say to use water on these but it works a heck of alot better with the water. Also try doing it in the bathroom after the hot shower has been running for a while. The steam in the area will weigh the dust particles out of the air.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Do it in a humidified room, i.e. after you take a hot shower. The moisture causes dust particles to take on some moisture and become heavier, thus they go down to the surfaces, and are not floating anymore in the air, kinda what happens after it rains, why the air just looks so much more crisp. If you do find particles under, use some scotch tape to remove them. Just dab the stick side where the particle is light and pull off and it should come off with the scotch tape.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've installed alot of these protectors and what I found works all the time are:

- Scotch Tape
- Compressed Air
- Credit card or flat card
- Heck of alot of patience

First I spray the screen with the compressed air and make sure there is no dust anywhere. I usually do not remove the top layer protection (so when you wipe the bubbles with the card, it doesn't scratch the surface) and make sure the screen side is laid down incrementally from one side to the other. I would use tape to lift the protector from the corners and use another piece of tape to remove any dust from under the screen. It might take awhile but I have had perfect installs every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans