Found a wired headset that actually works right on the lumia

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
After trying about quite a few headsets, finally i have found one that works properly.

It's for the htc evo 4g.
Brand is HTC.

Mic works
Ear phones obviously work
Volume button works
Play/pause works.

They are only a couple of bucks on amazon (albeit without original packaging).

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That I don't know, I'm more in it for talking, not music.

None of other ones i have had working mic's.

Do you have this headset? If you do, start a song from the zune player on your phone, then put the phone to sleep, and see if single/double/triple press work for pause/next/previous track. That's really the issue with the headset compatibility. There are many headsets out there with a mic that work with the Lumia 900.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have this headset? If you do, start a song from the zune player on your phone, then put the phone to sleep, and see if single/double/triple press work for pause/next/previous track. That's really the issue with the headset compatibility. There are many headsets out there with a mic that work with the Lumia 900.

Ok, i'll give it a try. But from what i've seen most mic's do not work. At first they appear to, but you soon realize when you put the phone in your pocket that voice is routed through the speaker phone mic, not the one on the cable. So when the phone gets further from your mouth, it sounds worse and worse.

Just tried it with the iheart radio app (i don't have any zune music on the phone).
Volume works while asleep, so does play pause. It has a slight delay, but works.
When you hold the play/pause button when the phone is awake (home screen you have to swipe up to use the phone), the home sceen does a little bounce like it's going to slide itself up, but doesn't.

This headset doesn't seem to have a next track button on it, volume up, phone/play/pause, volume down.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Ok, i'll give it a try. But from what i've seen most mic's do not work. At first they appear to, but you soon realize when you put the phone in your pocket that voice is routed through the speaker phone mic, not the one on the cable.

Just tried it with the iheart radio app (i don't have any zune music on the phone).
Volume works while asleep, so does play pause. It has a slight delay, but works.

Edit:
On slacker radio double pressing the play/pause quickly button does in fact send you to the next track, even while the phone is asleep.
I managed to use all my skips while the phone was asleep.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, added some music.

Here's the deal.
When awake, everything works fine, volume up or down, play, pause, double click for next song.

When asleep, volume up and down is fine. Play pause is good too.
BUT, next track seems to be a little unpredictable, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it pauses.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, added some music.

Here's the deal.
When awake, everything works fine, volume up or down, play, pause, double click for next song.

When asleep, volume up and down is fine. Play pause is good too.
BUT, next track seems to be a little unpredictable, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it pauses.

Yes, this is the unfortunate behavior of all headsets so far. I'm surprised to hear you say most headset mics don't work. So far everyone I have tried has worked. It's the buttons when the phone is asleep that has frustrated me.

Back to the drawing board...

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this is the unfortunate behavior of all headsets so far. I'm surprised to hear you say most headset mics don't work. So far everyone I have tried has worked. It's the buttons when the phone is asleep that has frustrated me.

Back to the drawing board...

Mic's on 4 different nokia's don't work, bose MIE (1) mic no work, 2 different jabra's don't work that come with a bunch of adapters and couple samsungs don't work.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, the mic on my Nokia purity on ear and in ear work, beats over ear works, beats on ear works, on old iPhone headset too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3