general discussion for native/built in/OEM apps

radic100

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, couldn't find an existing thread to put my questions forward -

what is better, Nokia maps or the other map app (Bing maps i think?). After looking around it seems they were 'unified' or developed together to be similar. So wouldn't it make sense to only have one of them on your phone? i think i want to uninstall nokia maps (the one with the picture of the compass on the tile). Does anyone know if it would it affect other apps?

Also i've uninstalled the 'App highlights' app, and i've also uninstalled the 'scout' app, especially because the scout function is accesible through the Bing Maps app already.

I'll keep nokia drive, even though Bing maps has a good enough 'directions' function, and I'll keep Nokia music, just in case Zune goes funny. But they'll be the next to go if i need more memory space or less clutter on my apps list.

Creative Studio is safe, for now :p..

p.s. i wish the unpinned apps list could side scroll to at least another column instead of go down endlessly. Does anyone agree?

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
"p.s. i wish the unpinned apps list could side scroll to at least another column instead of go down endlessly. Does anyone agree?"

Not really. Do you realize you can hit the letters and jump through the list of apps alphabetically?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo