Family Locator App

geno.jeg

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the windows market place have a family locator app? I have been searching and cannot find anything. I am with ATT and they have something for $10 a month or so, but I would like to find an alternative.

thanks

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My wife has the live ID log in information to all my children's Windows Phones she uses the find my phone function to locate them from time to time.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife and daughter use iPhones, and I log into their iCloud accounts and use Find my iPhone to locate them as well.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
On iPhone you can use Find my friends app. Why do you use their apple IDs?
I would like to have app like that on wp.

Because I don't use an iPhone, and thus don't have Find my Friends. I thought that part was implied, but I guess it wasn't.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the live ID log in information to all my children's Windows Phones she uses the find my phone function to locate them from time to time.
I know you can do this on the computer, but does she also do this on her windows phone? I'd like to be able to find my family using my phone.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying echoecho as I thought you could set friends so they did not have to reply to the location request but that part doesn't seem to be working now.

Scott

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying echoecho as I thought you could set friends so they did not have to reply to the location request but that part doesn't seem to be working now.

Scott

Thanks for mentioning echoecho. I downloaded the app today and it's exactly what I've been looking for and works great across platforms (my wife has an iPhone).

I also think that I've found what you're looking for; it's the favorites feature. Basically your friends have to add you as a favorite so that next time you send them a request they will still get a notification but don't need to reply (sort of like an auto-reply). You can of course return the favor and add them as favorites on your phone. It worked perfect when we tried it out and as far as I can tell, the app doesn't even have to be running.

The WP version is a bit behind on some of the features you find in the iOS app, but after contacting the developer they told me an update is "under way right now...". On the flipside; the WP version looks so much nicer than the iOS version IMHO.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Does the windows market place have a family locator app? I have been searching and cannot find anything. I am with ATT and they have something for $10 a month or so, but I would like to find an alternative.

thanks
I know this response does not answer your question, but I and my wife use Google Latitude on our Android phones. I find this still works better than any other app I have tried.

Turning it on when driving home, it allows my wife to see where I am in near real time and can tell if I'm stuck in traffic etc. Really helpful and saves on the calls and text prompting me me where I am and when I will be home etc.

Earlier this yeas when my wife was out for a walk and it started raining, I was able to find where she was on latitiude, get in the car and pick her up. Really convenient and could see why parents would find this so valuable. I will make sure my kids have this when they are old enough to be out and use a phone.

Just don't go stalking now will you :excl:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss