Weather Apps - Seriously. Need a good one.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've probably used 20 weather apps by now, and am getting frustrated lol. The issue is they are either inaccurate, or the lack a GPS LIVE TILE.

Weather Master is my favorite, and has an amazing live tile that updates your location as you move around. BUT!!!! It is seriously like 7-10 degrees off every day.

Most of the accurate weather apps have great live tiles, but you have to manually go into the app, find your new location, and then pin a new tile.

Is there an accurate weather app with a tile that updates your location via gps automatically?

If weather master was accurate it would be perfect, but its not. And the developer seems to have abandoned the project.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using WeatherLive lately. It has been working well. It seems that these weather apps break from time to time, so I have a few installed. I rotate them out as I see fit.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for WeatherLive here. I tried Weather Master and liked it, but ended up uninstalling for the same reason, inaccurate temperatures.

WeatherLive has a location-based tile that updates every hour and it uses Wunderground as a source for its weather data. I was already a fan of Wunderground so I'm pretty happy with WeatherLive.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I second Weather View. Don't think it has live tile GPS function though. But it's by far the best looking weather app with quality coding as well.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've probably used 20 weather apps by now, and am getting frustrated lol. The issue is they are either inaccurate, or the lack a GPS LIVE TILE.

Weather Master is my favorite, and has an amazing live tile that updates your location as you move around. BUT!!!! It is seriously like 7-10 degrees off every day.

Most of the accurate weather apps have great live tiles, but you have to manually go into the app, find your new location, and then pin a new tile.

Is there an accurate weather app with a tile that updates your location via gps automatically?

If weather master was accurate it would be perfect, but its not. And the developer seems to have abandoned the project.
The Weather Channel works great.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
i have had great luck with the gps on weather live and amazing weather. weather live seems to be more accurate, and seems to update the temp more frequently

btw people, please read the first post before replying; he doesn't want your favorite weather app, he wants an accurate weather app that automatically updates the live tile location by gps

mrozanski

May 5, 2012
Visit site
What I think of when I hear live tile is that where ever i go, the live tile will have that city's weather on it. This is without manual intervention by me. I had it on Android, so was hoping to find it here. It's not a show stopper, but I think it would be there to make use of the Metro UI. Just my two cents worth.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What I think of when I hear live tile is that where ever i go, the live tile will have that city's weather on it. This is without manual intervention by me. I had it on Android, so was hoping to find it here. It's not a show stopper, but I think it would be there to make use of the Metro UI. Just my two cents worth.

that's exactly what we're talking about here, and there are some apps that have that functionality

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Try Poynt. It will show you the basic weather information for where you are located and has a Live Tile. I keep it and the Weather Channel pinned as I work 60 miles from home so it's nice being able to see and easily get to the weather/temp for both locations.

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea