Nokia announcing pureview on Monday. What is microsoft's announcement??

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Well it seems Nokia's event will be about the 808 which is device afaik, not Pureview itself but who knows?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I would consider buying it... Swap out the lock/shutter button with the 710s physical rocker for the requisite Back, Start & Search, swap out the SoC and screen to bring it up to Apollo standards, and shut up and take my money!

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I would consider buying it... Swap out the lock/shutter button with the 710s physical rocker for the requisite Back, Start & Search, swap out the SoC and screen to bring it up to Apollo standards, and shut up and take my money!

If this is the Nokia Pureview WP (which I doubt, it maintains the 808 moniker) then I'm going to be camped outside of whatever store is selling it 2 weeks in advance...

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It makes zero sense for Nokia to unveil the Pureview Windows Phone on Monday.

WooHoo! Devil's Ad-vo-tech!

Why?!

I think it makes zero sense for Nokia to roll out the 808 on Symbian in the States. It would do very little to help the WP platform, and that, it is becoming abuntantly clear, is Nokia's sink or swim lifeline.

I think it makes zero sense for Nokia to hype a press event like this, for a phone that is well known, tested, and already in the wild. Rollouts to new markets of the Symbian 808 have been little more than press releases. Hyping a US rollout like this is just as likely to piss off the media as it is to gain favourable press.

I posted a picture from SXSW of an 808 running Window Phone, taken in March, but not posted to twitter until last Friday, just hours before all the hype started to hit the net. Coincidence?

I'll do ya one better.

The COMPLETE lack of speculation about this possibility. Silence is deafening.

I figure there are two reasons for the silence.

A) I'm a pie in the sky dreamer high on crack (not necessarly beyond the realm of possibilities)

B) Rubino, Joire, Zeigler, etc, etc already have WP808's and they're under NDA's. They can comment on the breadcrumbs Nokia puts out, like the map of Hawaii, or the Roland sound board, but nothing else. The combination of the NDAs and the breadcrumbs keep a lid on things and at the same time, build interest and hype.

Now will somebody pass the pie, all this crack has made me hungry.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
WooHoo! Devil's Ad-vo-tech!

Why?!

I think it makes zero sense for Nokia to roll out the 808 on Symbian in the States. It would do very little to help the WP platform, and that, it is becoming abuntantly clear, is Nokia's sink or swim lifeline.

I think it makes zero sense for Nokia to hype a press event like this, for a phone that is well known, tested, and already in the wild. Rollouts to new markets of the Symbian 808 have been little more than press releases. Hyping a US rollout like this is just as likely to piss off the media as it is to gain favourable press.

I posted a picture from SXSW of an 808 running Window Phone, taken in March, but not posted to twitter until last Friday, just hours before all the hype started to hit the net. Coincidence?

I'll do ya one better.

The COMPLETE lack of speculation about this possibility. Silence is deafening.

I figure there are two reasons for the silence.

A) I'm a pie in the sky dreamer high on crack (not necessarly beyond the realm of possibilities)

B) Rubino, Joire, Zeigler, etc, etc already have WP808's and they're under NDA's. They can comment on the breadcrumbs Nokia puts out, like the map of Hawaii, or the Roland sound board, but nothing else. The combination of the NDAs and the breadcrumbs keep a lid on things and at the same time, build interest and hype.

Now will somebody pass the pie, all this crack has made me hungry.
And one other thing.

Rolling out the 808 on Symbian TWO DAYS before the BIG Windows Phone Developer Event seems counter-intuitive to me.

Rolling out the 808 on Windows Phone only ramps up the excitement of the developers going into the conference.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
There are also rumors that the Symbian^3 Nokia 808 will be sold in the states. I guess we just have to wait and see.
99% sure that Chris Webber confirmed that the 808 will be sold in the US. Totally besides the point, unveiling the Pureview WP months before the operating system is going to ship will be a disaster. Nokia has previously told us that it wants to avoid large gaps been announcement and availability.

Rubino, Joire, Zeigler, etc, etc already have WP808's and they're under NDA's. They can comment on the breadcrumbs Nokia puts out, like the map of Hawaii, or the Roland sound board, but nothing else. The combination of the NDAs and the breadcrumbs keep a lid on things and at the same time, build interest and hype.
It doesn't matter whether people have the devices or not, unveiling the Pureview WP now will simply kill its chances. No one's going to care by the time it ships in four months. The 808 is a completely different story, it's Nokia saying they still own the smartphone camera space and this phone is a precursor to what you can expect in future. There's no positive message that gets sent out by unveiling a device months in advance.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Its the Nokia Pureview 808 WP7 to be release in US. I have no sources, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If they unveil a pureview WP this soon after the 900 I am going to be seriously upset. I would way rather have a pureview than my 900.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss