Who would buy a matching "Surface Phone"?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One of the petty reasons i didnt move from iPhone to WP or Droid for that matter was because i didnt like how the both MS and Goog partnered with the Samsungs of the world instead of manufacturing their own hardware.

I made the decision to go focus S anyway and was happy with the WP7 experience.

AT this point, it would be cool if MS did manufacture their own wp8 hardware, but I think they should just do the inevitable and buy Nokia and technically manufacture their own hardware. MS already put down a $1 billion down payment to Nokia, throw in another and close the deal.

Pretty sure some of the components from the iPhone came from samsung

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
If MS announces Nokia will be making a WP8 Surface phone with PureView and Rich Recording, it would be the most advanced, feature rich phone ever produced.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
How do you like this people?

microsoft_surface_phone_8_by_yronimus-d54trfa.jpg

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft should make its own phone. Just one model, not a complete lineup. I think they should offer it on every carrier (like the Galaxy S III, which is even available on US Cellular). I think that the phone should share the aesthetic of the Surface tablet (matte magnesium case, very angular and monolithic, integrated kickstand).

It wouldn't be meant to replace third-party hardware, but as a kick in the pants of certain companies who aren't "trying very hard" with recent WP designs (Samsung and HTC in particular). And as long as Nokia is only selling the 900 through AT&T, it'd give people on other carriers a chance to get something nicer than the normal Arrive/Trophy/etc mix of WP phones.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think Microsoft should make its own phone. Just one model, not a complete lineup. I think they should offer it on every carrier (like the Galaxy S III, which is even available on US Cellular). I think that the phone should share the aesthetic of the Surface tablet (matte magnesium case, very angular and monolithic, integrated kickstand).

It wouldn't be meant to replace third-party hardware, but as a kick in the pants of certain companies who aren't "trying very hard" with recent WP designs (Samsung and HTC in particular). And as long as Nokia is only selling the 900 through AT&T, it'd give people on other carriers a chance to get something nicer than the normal Arrive/Trophy/etc mix of WP phones.

Yes, it would be nice to have the same device on all carriers. Samsung, HTC, Nokia, etc are not going to do it. ****, MS could use it as advertising. Sell the devices for much less markup than the likes of Apple who seems to sell the phones to carriers at practically no discount off retail price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss