NOW June 2012, what apps are you STILL wishing for on WP?

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I'd start this thread and see if it catches fire...

My topic is, now that we have seen a glimpse of Windows Phone 8, Audible has come out, Words with Friends is around a corner or two, and Chase banking app will also make a landing...... well, what else is still out there that is missing and you'd be dying for? What top apps on iOS or Droid you know of that isn't with us on WP?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd start this thread and see if it catches fire...

My topic is, now that we have seen a glimpse of Windows Phone 8, Audible has come out, Words with Friends is around a corner or two, and Chase banking app will also make a landing...... well, what else is still out there that is missing and you'd be dying for? What top apps on iOS or Droid you know of that isn't with us on WP?

Mods are pretty busy today. To make their life a little easier you could just add to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/marketplace-apps/190451.htm

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Most of my app needs are met. What I want are feature sets to match those of iOS and Android versions of the same app.

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Mint.com
Instagram
snapchat
Any and all zynga games
Paypal
Pandora
Nike+
Temple Run
Gtalk
A real youtube app

Way more (free) news apps..

Better versions of all existing apps that are sloppy such as

Facebook
Linkedin (looks nice but such sluggish performance)
Twitter
Yelp
Zillow

etc etc

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
well there are a few apps I will need if I can continue to stick with WindowsPhone. I have them on my 4s but miss them when Im on my WP. HBOGO, Watch ESPN, Endless and Zappos. Also a Comcast Xfinity app. But I talked to them and they said they have no plans on making one. If some of those arent announced when WP8 launches I may have to just get the new iphone. There isnt even a AT&T app.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Mint.com
Zillow

etc etc

- I too wish the Zillow app actually worked.

- Barnes and Noble Nook.

- Spotify updated so it will play music files downloaded to the phone.

- Zune Pass streaming that doesn't have such a long pause between tracks. Zune Pass playlists that can be synched for streaming rather than requiring download of the files to the phone.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
- ePocrates
- Micromedix
- Sonic 4 Episode 2 (I know it's been announced, but nothing else has been said in regards to this since after the launch on other systems)
- Wells Fargo
- Tennis Grand Slam apps (I really would like an official app for the streaming radio)

Relatively Rare

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
A good football (soccer) app.
Woolworths (AU supermarket) app.
ANZ (AU bank) app.

The first is the most likely to happen, the other two I'll be waiting a long time I reckon.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Screen capture
The ability to set the music volume separate from the ringer
A way to automatically turn off email notifications while you're on the phone

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
More bank app support
Citrix Receiver
Built-in RDP for local WiFi
Screen Capture
Mint
Kaiser Permanente (HMO on the west coast)
Entertainment stuff like HBO Go, Hulu

Stuff I wouldn't necessarily use, but would love to see so others will adopt the platform more readily:

Instagram
Tumblr
More current hot games
SuperTube is awesome, but a better official YouTube app for the average person who has no clue about 3rd party apps
Pandora
A general broadening of 1st party apps for things not mentioned that might not be used by the masses, but used by many.

FYI Zillow came out with v2.0 today and it's MUCh better. Check it out.

My guess with stuff like PayPal is that it will integrate with the new Wallet Hub so that will be a nice addition too.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Chase
Instagram
Pandora
Tapatalk

That's pretty much it!

I don't play games, but Temple Run would be nice for my son.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro