When will OEMs release WP8

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Now Apple reveal phones and ship shortly after...

Microsoft have revealed the Surface about 4 months before its release..

When will OEM's start releasing phones?

I am fully aware WP8 wont be released until Windows 8 is released but what I want to know is what's the time differnce between OEMs annoucing them and when they go on sale?

Nokia World will probably be around Oct time.... released?

HTC will probably hold an Android event in Oct revealing new Android devices and probably tag WP8 on it... released?

Samsung probably won't host anything and just release a phone

Huawei more than likely as it will be their 1st WP will probably have a big song and dance about it.

Im hoping that these phones are released very very shortly after announcements and are pushed by all. It's goona be a struggle this fall with the next iPhone, Galaxy Note 2, Blackberry 10 devices, and dare I mention Open webOS (thats me hoping as a palm refuge)

What I'm getting at is these releases need to be quick and pushed hard for WP8 to fullfill its destiney.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing phones will be shipping in November. That is when the Titan and the Radar shipped. The Focus S and Flash as well I believe. The 800 shipped around the same time. You can bet MS already has OEM's working on devices, so it will only take them a short time once they receive the final build of WP8 to finalize devices.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The OEM's are surely already a while working on the phones with an internal build of WP8, so they can be released in a "order today - shipping today" method on the day of announcement. That would be great, but they should have a lot of units ready to ship. And as jdevenberg said, the final build will probably be released to them just a few days before for the final polishing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05