Mirror's Edge

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
First of all, this game is nothing like the (completely underrated) console version. I sort of expected it to be a crappy first person port with virtual thumbsticks until I downloaded the demo. Instead, it's a side-scrolling continuous running game, almost in the vein of Canabalt, if you ever played that one.

Anyway, if anyone has bought the game so far, definitely add me on XBL, I'd love some people to show up in my speed run leaderboards.

Gamertag is the same as my forum name: jhoff80

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
wish I could I only have a samsung focus for my personal phone and I don't wanna put it on my work phone unless there was a way to transfer purchaes :S

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
wish I could I only have a samsung focus for my personal phone and I don't wanna put it on my work phone unless there was a way to transfer purchaes :S
Purchases are with the Marketplace NOT the device. If you buy it once you can Re-Install it on as many devices you have linked to your Marketplace account!

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloading and paid for the game on my lumia 710 and went to my samsung focus and tried to redownload it through the direct link and it says the app is currently unavailable for your device and gives generic reasons such as removed from marketplace, device is unable to get it and so on and so on

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
So I beat the game, with all bags, all speed run stars, and I've actually played through the story mode twice... and yet the "beat the game" achievement refuses to unlock.

Should be used to that by now, I suppose, but still.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I quite like this game but there's one issue that's driving me nuts when playing. The controls are very responsive except when I'm sliding on the ground beneath things and then when I swipe up on the screen to get up again I almost always have to swipe twice. It's not a sensitivity issue as the jump Always works on the first try. It's just when I'm gonna get up from a slide that the controls very often does not respond which is annoying to say the least.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone whose completed the game advise on the second mission, escaping the police station, can't figure this one out. Or maybe even a brief run through of the game, probably going to get tougher later. That would be much appreciated. Thanks.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Can anyone whose completed the game advise on the second mission, escaping the police station, can't figure this one out. Or maybe even a brief run through of the game, probably going to get tougher later. That would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Do you mean 3-2? Jump kicks and sliding under bullets are pretty useful. If you can make the jump to the orange wall run things, those let you dodge a bunch of cops. Not sure what specific part you're stuck at though.

There's also iPhone version walkthroughs on Youtube, which are the same as the WP version.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Do you mean 3-2? Jump kicks and sliding under bullets are pretty useful. If you can make the jump to the orange wall run things, those let you dodge a bunch of cops. Not sure what specific part you're stuck at though.

There's also iPhone version walkthroughs on Youtube, which are the same as the WP version.

Thanks for the tip, found walkthroughs as you suggested and it shows how to get out.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I quite like this game but there's one issue that's driving me nuts when playing. The controls are very responsive except when I'm sliding on the ground beneath things and then when I swipe up on the screen to get up again I almost always have to swipe twice. It's not a sensitivity issue as the jump Always works on the first try. It's just when I'm gonna get up from a slide that the controls very often does not respond which is annoying to say the least.

You have to wait until her whole body has passed the obstacle. Tricky timing though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99