Nokia Windows Phone 8 - Swipe??

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone think Nokia's Apollo phones will use the swipe interface from N9. It is one of the best user interfaces and Stephen Elop himself said that swipe will live on.

Did you guys read anything or find any articles on if Swipe will come to Windows Phone 8 Nokia devices.

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Nokia will release windows 8 tablet which supports Swipe Gestures this is work similar as a Alt + Tab on Windows. WebOS and MeeGo on the N9 are also using this swiping gestures application.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any information on it. I have Swype on my Nokia N8 and I really like it.

Swipe, not swype. Swipe is a core UI on N9 Harmattan/MeeGo Nokia phone.
Nokia N9 - The Big Introduction - Swipe with Nokia's Beautiful New Smartphone - YouTube

Swipe is such a fundamental thing that i see no way Nokia will implement it and don't really see the point of adding middle of the road version of the swipe UI. Swipe UI= 3 swipe home screens, swipe away from apps, swipe to close the apps and so on.

Swipe UI on N9 with no need of any buttos to me is the most enjoyable and innovative UI i have used since iOS on 1g ipad touch, but i don't really wanna see Nokia forcing it to WP8. Elop has also made it kind of clear before that they don't wanna change the core UI.

For Nokia it has been important that the Windows 8 family stays intact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05