Best Titan II case? Ventev Slip Grip...

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
So I've gone through 3 Titan II cases and finally settled on, what I believe, is the best...

The Ventev "Slip Grip" :

Amazon.com: Ventev 349073 SlipGRIP Hard Shell Case w/Grooved Edges for HTC Titan II - Black: Electronics

PICS OF CASE ON MY PHONE - https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

This is a TPU case, so its got the protection of silicone but goes in and out of pockets easily and doesn't pick up lint. It's a bit more "slippery" than an average gel/silicone case would be, but the grooves in the case help you keep a grip better than you might think.

One of the things about the T2 I don't like is how warm it gets near the chin, and this case definitely helps shield your hand from that heat. It follows the form of the phone perfect, especially near the headphone jack, leaving plenty of space for any size connector you have.

The reason I call this the "best" T2 case (of the ones I've used), is because it does cover all the buttons, but gives a little bit of help in terms of feedback so you know for sure the button was pushed - you can feel it. The way the buttons are "embossed" on the case could be modified a little - maybe a different color or with more TPU so its easier to spot - but after a couple of weeks your fingers will get used to where the buttons are anyway.

This case will create a small "lip" around the screen, so you can place the phone face down without worrying about scratches (though, it probably won't scratch anyway, considering the "chin" on the phone keeps the screen off any surface most of the time). It will also just barely lift the camera lens off a flat surface, it looks like a small amount, but enough to keep it from scratching. It adds VERY little bulk - typical of TPU cases - you probably won't even notice much of a difference in weight or size between the naked phone and the phone with this case on it.

The case was made by Ventev but came from the Amazon seller in a typical AT&T branded box. I paid $10 shipped for it and think its worth the price, really its the best option available if you want a TPU style matte-black case but don't want cheap crap that sometimes doesn't fit well (ie : Amazon.com: White Silicone Jelly Skin Case Cover for HTC Titan 2 II: Cell Phones & Accessories)

So of the T2 cases I've used, I'd put them like this :

Ventev Slip Grip > HTC OEM Kickstand Case > Case Mate POP case

The kickstand case is good, but bulky where the kickstand is (obviously) and doesn't protect the phone on top or bottom, and the POP case is fantastic except you can hardly feel the buttons when you push them, and that's a deal breaker for me.

If you've ever had a Body Glove case for any phone, this is exactly like that. Same feel, same texture/color, same great fit.

Last edited:

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
You have me interested. I currently have the kickstand case and while it has been fine, I loved my case mate Tough Case I had for the Titan I.

Would you be willing to post a picture of the front and back of your phone with the case on? I can't find any pictures of the case on the phone on the web.

Thanks.

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have the kick stand case too. I like it but doesn't seem that it fits on a sturdy as it should. Doesn't "click" on and has some space on the edge. I like that it does add that much bulk to the phone. What's up with this slip grip case? Pics?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys, should have included pics from the start. Please excuse crudeness of the pictures - I had to take them using my ****ty work cell dumbphone.

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Thanks. Order placed. It's only $10 and gives me another option to my kickstand case. When my toddler plays with my phone...I get a little concerned when I see the kickstand flip out. I can easily see it snapping off at some point.

I did find where case mate has the Tough Case for the Titan II now, but it is $35 ($28 with code) on their site. Little more than I would like to pay. It was a great case for my Titan I.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Order placed. It's only $10 and gives me another option to my kickstand case. When my toddler plays with my phone...I get a little concerned when I see the kickstand flip out. I can easily see it snapping off at some point.

I did find where case mate has the Tough Case for the Titan II now, but it is $35 ($28 with code) on their site. Little more than I would like to pay. It was a great case for my Titan I.

No problem. Glad to help.

The biggest problem I have with Tough Cases is they tend to attract an insane amount of lint. That's the other reason I recommended the Ventev - not much lint. Really drives me crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss