Ativ S new name for Odyssey?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
They put the name in a cap and draw them that way..

The name Ativ sound like some old person drink to get them active.

Odyssey sounds more like a phone to me..

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hey, if that is where they go I am sure I would get used to it. No one really questions the "Atrix" names from Motorola on AT&T, so I am sure it will be fine.

But where do they come up with this??

Actually you make a point inadvertently, the Ativ will probably be mistaken for the Atrix, which is obviously associated with droids. Def not the best name IMO. (But hey, I'm not a fan of Samsung so no surprise there :D )

Edit: this is how you name something, with a word that actually has a meaning and is relevant to the message you want to send about your product:

http://microsoft-news.com/asus-reveals-vivo-and-vivo-tab-rt-windows-8-devices/

Last edited:

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Looks fantastic to me. Thin and light like the Galaxy S3, Gorilla Glass 2, huge screen, good performance specs, and arguably Samsung's most attractive case ever. Hope it comes to US Cellular like the GS3 did!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Looks fantastic to me. Thin and light like the Galaxy S3, Gorilla Glass 2, huge screen, good performance specs, and arguably Samsung's most attractive case ever. Hope it comes to US Cellular like the GS3 did!
A US Cellular sighting.

I think both them and Metro PCS said they would go after WP devices. They want some choices on their shelves besides Android, older BlackBerry curves, and feature phones. Not sure if it would be this, but a mid range HTC or Nokia would make sense.

And I am with you. I like the specs a lot and think it is a nice looking phone. I am excited. Bring on Nokia, and let's get HTC to the party.

Still too much to ask for a qwerty slider, though. Stupid manufacturers.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Ativ just doesn't roll off the tongue. I don't care if it's a made up word, just make it smooth to say.

This. "Camaro" and "Camry" are easy-to-say made-up words. ATIV isn't. I don't know which syllable gets the emphasis and what the vowel sounds should be. Maybe after the advertising blitz starts and I hear it said again and again, it'll get easier, but right now it doesn't feel natural at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes