1.5Ghz dual-core processor
1GB of onboard RAM
8MP autofocus rear camera and 1.9MP front-facing camera
16GB or 32GB storage
MicroSD slot for expanded storage
2300mAh battery

4848.IMG_5F00_5522_5F00_thumb_5F00_4595FB01.jpg

7041.IMG_5F00_5533_5F00_thumb_5F00_1D1718ED.jpg

This is the Samsung ATIV S, the first of many amazing Windows Phone 8 devices coming this year

A very nice start Mr Sammy. :)

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've never been a Samsung guy before, but this is more than enough to catch my attention. Nokia and HTC had better bring their A-game, because right now, I could see myself owning this. Absolutely.

Hope Sammy brings it to US Cellular like they did with the Galaxy S3. This device has the potential to dominate WP8 sales in the same way the S3 dominates Android sales. WOW. Just wow.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I've never been a Samsung guy before, but this is more than enough to catch my attention. Nokia and HTC had better bring their A-game, because right now, I could see myself owning this. Absolutely.

Hope Sammy brings it to US Cellular like they did with the Galaxy S3. This device has the potential to dominate WP8 sales in the same way the S3 dominates Android sales. WOW. Just wow.

well. they didn't announce the carriers yet. so there's an indication that it's going on to multiple carriers. they are doing the foot steps from the s3

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Absolutely. Samsung has set a high standard by kicking off with this device. I have always predicted a lot of goodness regarding Windows Phone 8, but this has me feeling uber-confident and stoked for what's on the horizon. Bring it on! :)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

make that 2....

now really awaiting Nokia and HTC...

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Contender #1 for my next phone for sure! Can't wait to see what else comes to the table next month.

Also I can't help but notice the iPhone similarity. My guess is that's Samsung giving the finger to Apple because Apple can't touch them due to the license agreements that Microsoft has :lol:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Contender #1 for my next phone for sure! Can't wait to see what else comes to the table next month.

Also I can't help but notice the iPhone similarity. My guess is that's Samsung giving the finger to Apple because Apple can't touch them due to the license agreements that Microsoft has :lol:

LOL!! is that true??

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, besides trade dress, this device is untouchable by Apple due to Microsoft's thorough job of cross-licensing patents with Apple. And I don't think it's close enough on trade dress that any jury would find for Apple. Yes, it's a rounded rectangle...but the back looks nothing like the iPhone and the minute you turn it on and have WP8's colorful live tiles filling the screen, there's absolutely no potential for confusion.

Rounded rectangle, metal bezel, and physical home buttons are really the only similarities. I don't think that's enough to get a lawsuit. Note that Apple never sued over the Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop, which had similar external styling to the MBP 15 but a completely different OS and software.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have zero complains about this device. Is basically a Galaxy S3 but for Windows Phone, unlucky the Focus S which was a gimped GS2.

We will need to know how the camera is. Is so great to finally see a device with decent freaking specs. ( Not dual core though? WTF)

Last edited:

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have zero complains about this device. Is basically a Galaxy S3 but for Windows Phone, unlucky the Focus S which was a gimped GS2.

We will need to know if the camera is so great to finally see a device with decent freaking specs. ( Not dual core though? WTF)

It IS dual-core. Dual-core 1.5 ghz.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm probably in the minority here, but I honestly would've been fine if they more or less lifted the Galaxy S3 design, which wasn't great but still looked a bit fresher than this. The GS3's tapered edges make it disappear in the hand despite the size. I also like the more subtle way the camera lens raises to a mesa versus the ugly border around the Ativ. But Kudos on the brushed aluminum and the higher capacity battery (200MAh more than the GS3). I expect WP8 to consume more power in most general than WP7, but I'm hoping it won't be as bad as Android can be.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Sammy is Back (With his finger raised)

make that 2....

now really awaiting Nokia and HTC...

Make that 3. I have never really like Samsung (personal preference) and had already completely written them off my WP8 possibilities. However not only has this got me interested, I'm staring. Thanks Sammy for ramping up the competition.

Now I'm really interested to see what Nokia and HTC are both bringing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb