920 Spec from NOKIA Website

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping for a 20 MP camera, but I suppose 8MP will be OK considering it allegedly picks up on 5-10 times the light of other smart phone cameras… light is, after all, the most important with pictures. - As long as it takes amazing pictures, I'll be happy.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Was hoping for a 20 MP camera, but I suppose 8MP will be OK considering it allegedly picks up on 5-10 times the light of other smart phone cameras? light is, after all, the most important with pictures. - As long as it takes amazing pictures, I'll be happy.

They CLAIM 5-10 times the light of other cameras, but don't specify which they're comparing it to. The amount of light that comes in is determined by the maximum aperture, and the 920's aperture of f/2.0 is identical to the HTC One X. I'm highly skeptical until they explain that five-to-ten-times claim. I'm not sure they're comparing the 920 to other flagship phones.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications - Nokia

still surprised that the flagship has no microSD

That's the one thing that really disappoints me about this. I'll still be buying it, but I can't believe they didn't include it.

(I mean, I WOULD have loved a portrait QWERTY slider, but I didn't actually expect that. :D)

Also, I love that I was right with my hope for the 768p display on this. Like I've mentioned, that means that WP7 apps that never get updated should display flawlessly (upscaled of course).

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
the camera image stability is nice, so I have to decide if microSD (samsung ativ s) support is better than photography.

I shouldn't have to make the choice but I must...or possibly wait.

2000mh battery 'aint' bad either

Engadget did a comparison w/900 and I am confused about the upgraded HW for GPS
Nokia Lumia 920 vs. Lumia 900: what's changed? -- Engadget

Can anyone explain to me what Glonass, WLAN Network Positioning is? and how does it impact an end user?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That's the one thing that really disappoints me about this. I'll still be buying it, but I can't believe they didn't include it.

(I mean, I WOULD have loved a portrait QWERTY slider, but I didn't actually expect that. :D)

Yeah, with you on both points. My favorite form factor, and what OS is better suited for a portrait slider than our favorite OS?

I do find the lack of expandable memory strange, but 32 GB of memory will be fine for all but the most hardcore of media users.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
They CLAIM 5-10 times the light of other cameras, but don't specify which they're comparing it to. The amount of light that comes in is determined by the maximum aperture, and the 920's aperture of f/2.0 is identical to the HTC One X. I'm highly skeptical until they explain that five-to-ten-times claim. I'm not sure they're comparing the 920 to other flagship phones.

Actually it's also determined by shutter speed, and with the optical stabilization, the shutter's supposed to be able to be open longer without causing blur.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Thickness doesn't really bother me personally, but I know it's a selling point for some, so I guess maybe it's an issue. Part of it probably has to do with an LCD display instead of AMOLED, but that doesn't stop the One X from getting down to under 9mm.

I don't know, I'm not really concerned though.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually it's also determined by shutter speed, and with the optical stabilization, the shutter's supposed to be able to be open longer without causing blur.

Optical stabilization would only reduce blur from your hand moving, not blur from the subject matter of the photo moving. I have kids. They move a lot when I'm trying to take their picture ;)

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe some of that Pureview technology includes an action shot option that actually shoots a few frames at high shutter speed and combines them for more light absorbance. Works fine on my Sony W1 cam

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone explain to me what Glonass, WLAN Network Positioning is? and how does it impact an end user?

Glonass is the Russian version of the GPS system and WLAN Network Positioning is a method for getting your location while indoors when you can get a satellite feed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos