Okay, HTC, you have next....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

What matters is picture quality. Quality is determined by a lot of things besides megapixels.

The Lumia 920 is filled with camera tech that isn't present on any other competitor's phone. If it's high tech you want, it's got it.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

What's important? Performance or specs?

Also, there aren't any quad cores that currently support LTE.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

If that's your mindset, then Android might be the right OS for you.

WP is about being lean and efficient. It's never been about needing powerful hardware. So until it gains a really high market share, you likely won't see that kind of hardware on WP. It's a very niche market.

Besides, the new crop of WP handsets coming out rival the specs of the top phones out there right now. I don't get why you feel that an OS that doesn't even need that much power should have devices that go far beyond the Android counterparts that require that much power just to be smooth.

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.

The next BIG innovation was just announced with Nokia's Optical Image Stabilization.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
And don't confuse moving forward with moving sideways. You can argue its till moving...

It will be old in no time. Believe me. And why have current also when your competition is talking about tomorrow.

iOS and Android will be pulling things out of the hat that will define their future. And here we are showing devices that are having:
a) What other phone has today

b) Nothing new

c) tech that will be redundant in a couple of months...

What could they have done differently that would make you feel different? The iPhone 4s camera was not about the mp and has killed A LOT of smart phones in shoot offs. You can't make quad core just work with lte and had they not made it lte compatible, it would be a bigger uproar. Android didn't pull anything out of their hat with their partner Motorola besides bigger screens and batteries. We will see what iPhone will bring

And no camera compares to the 920. None. That's future proof.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
And look at the price of the 808. Who's going to pay that much for symbian, let alone a similar wp device? So yes,it is slimmed down for better pricing

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
What matters is picture quality. Quality is determined by a lot of things besides megapixels.

The Lumia 920 is filled with camera tech that isn't present on any other competitor's phone. If it's high tech you want, it's got it.

What's important? Performance or specs?

Also, there aren't any quad cores that currently support LTE.

If that's your mindset, then Android might be the right OS for you.

WP is about being lean and efficient. It's never been about needing powerful hardware. So until it gains a really high market share, you likely won't see that kind of hardware on WP. It's a very niche market.

Besides, the new crop of WP handsets coming out rival the specs of the top phones out there right now. I don't get why you feel that an OS that doesn't even need that much power should have devices that go far beyond the Android counterparts that require that much power just to be smooth.

The next BIG innovation was just announced with Nokia's Optical Image Stabilization.

Ok..I buy your point. BUT, there is something I read somewhere here (will try to link it here later) which I totally agree with. Specs are important. It is a spec war out there, and we being WP fans have nothing to boast about, it is a shame.

iPhone 5 owner: "hey..I have a QUAD core, super high retina display, with 15MP cam and 2GB RAM. What about you..."
WP user: *Mumbles something*
iPhone 5 owner: "Got it. I win."

It is all about specs my friend...

Or they have to prove to us why a dual core WP8 is BETTER than a quad core iOS or Andy phone..

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I doubt the 5 will have quad core. It doesn't even have lte currently

Apple was/still is an innovator and we both know that. I am just saying that cause I know how much people expect Apple to really come up with something that will be ground breaking. As much as I hate Apple, I have to admit, they will do something radical. If not, we will be in the same (sinking) boat :p

I am still going for a WP8, irrespctive of what was showcased yesterday. HTC mostly though...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Specs are easy for marketing. That's true.

But MS has been more about trying to change perceptions from specs to performance.

That's why they did the Smoked By Windows Phone campaign. I expect we'll see more things like that.

Tonight's Lumia 920 camera challenge is another example.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Specs are easy for marketing. That's true.

But MS has been more about trying to change perceptions from specs to performance.

That's why they did the Smoked By Windows Phone campaign. I expect we'll see more things like that.

Tonight's Lumia 920 camera challenge is another example.

Agree 100%. ANd I am ready to support MS in this uphill task. It is difficult, but surely one fight they have taken up.

Hmm...you made a very good point my friend. It is spec vs performance now.

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I think HTC will bring their One series to WP8 so we are going to have:

HTC8X
HTC8S
HTC8V

does that make anyone really excited about HTC and WP8?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

HTC8X
HTC8S
HTC8V

Me...
Was looking to save some money this time but looks like I will have to shell out more than last time.. :p

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

HTC8X
HTC8S
HTC8V

Okay, well the naming idea ain't pumping me up.... but give me the devices, and we can talk....

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
If HTC promises us that they will actually support our phones after the release of the device then I might bite. I love HTC products, but man they can be very slow with support or not even support your device at all.

How many of you are holding a Titan/Titan 2 without updates to Tango? (This doesn't count for you ROM flashing junkies. lol.)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok..I buy your point. BUT, there is something I read somewhere here (will try to link it here later) which I totally agree with. Specs are important. It is a spec war out there, and we being WP fans have nothing to boast about, it is a shame.

iPhone 5 owner: "hey..I have a QUAD core, super high retina display, with 15MP cam and 2GB RAM. What about you..."
WP user: *Mumbles something*
iPhone 5 owner: "Got it. I win."

It is all about specs my friend...

Or they have to prove to us why a dual core WP8 is BETTER than a quad core iOS or Andy phone..

iphone 5 is pretty much slated to just be a 4s with slightly better specs. The retina display will actually be LOWER resolution than the 768 of wp8 devices. They are taking their 960x640 retina display and stretching it to 16:9. 1136x640. That is LESS than 1280x768. No matter what apple sticks on it as a name. Retina will no longer be the high res on the market. Most tech sites are thinking the 5 camera will still be a 8mp unit. So the nokia could deliver better pictures. Depends on the apple software behind their lens. As for quad core and 2gb ram, very very doubtful. Unless the slightly larger case allows apple to cram double the battery power into it, there is no way they would shorten their on time that much by putting in a quad.

HTC will have to blow me away to keep me as a customer. The software behind the 920 makes me want one, even though I have never been a huge admirer of the lumia design. Luckily I have another 8 months to worry about upgrade.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope the HTC event isn't like the Samsung event where they just announce the device and then don't really go into any details or demos. that would do nothing for them.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Agree 100%. ANd I am ready to support MS in this uphill task. It is difficult, but surely one fight they have taken up.

Hmm...you made a very good point my friend. It is spec vs performance now.

BTW, whoever that Indian lady was that did the Smoked by Nokia commercials needs to be hired by MS to represent all WP. She's the most beautiful woman I've seen on TV.

:D

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
HTC it is your Turn Now let see what they bring to the court.

I sure hope the HTC event isn't like the Samsung event where they just announce the device and then don't really go into any details or demos. that would do nothing for them.

Should be better than
" Samsung WP8 Unveiling was all of 8 seconds long for One Device" :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb