Lumia 920 demo reel is faked?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
That's actually bad for Windows Phone. For a example I though a picture of a friend of mine and inmediatly after I took it, she asked me to edit it with Instangram. I told her my phone doesn't have that app, she looked at me in disbelief and I just said. Well is an old phone ^_^U. She actually said that I throw my phone in the garbage.

Your friend wanted you to edit with Instagram, but you didn't realize that there are many apps out there that let you apply the same effects?

Some of you seriously just need to go with a different OS.

With all the mindless nitpicking and whining going on here lately I'm wondering why some even have accounts here.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Your friend wanted you to edit with Instagram, but you didn't realize that there are many apps out there that let you apply the same effects?

With all the mindless nitpicking and whining going on here lately I'm wondering why some even have accounts here.

Yeah but then it wouldn't say uploaded by Instangram. It's not just the effect is the community. also it sounds cooler.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, apparently Instagram is coming to WP8, so that's not going to be an issue. Though I don't really understand why it's "cooler". More common? Sure. Cooler? What?

I was also thinking a bit about the video scandal and realized something.

There were two main videos.

One was the OIS video with the biking girl. That started out as a teaser to get people interested in the OIS technology.

There's another video that has the 920 with a competing camera on a little rig where someone walks and you could see the difference in the two cameras. This was a real video with an actual 920 prototype.

I've also heard that many people AT NOKIA didn't know that the teaser video demonstrating OIS wasn't done with a prototype device. I'm sure some people in marketing knew. But a lot of others didn't.

Then someone, somewhere, who obviously wasn't in the know, decided to present both videos one right after the other during the product announcement.

And a scandal was born.

I suspect that Nokia's internal investigation isn't about how the original video was made. But more about WHY everyone wasn't made aware that it wasn't using a prototype 920. And WHY it got as far as being presented together with another video without anyone stepping in and saying, "Yeah.. don't do that. Present them seperately because one if for the tech in general, and the other is for the actual device."

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't be, the real cool stuff is always by the end of the year. In march all you get are prototypes and refreshed handsets. But the phones are affordable =)

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It's basically common knowledge at this point that the OIS really is as good, or damn near as good, as Nokia claims it is. What people don't understand is that the vast majority of videos that show off features of ANY product are either simulated, enhanced, altered, or (insert word that means it didn't come straight from the phone and to the TV screen). Nokia's goof was not letting people know with an "images simulated" or some such warning at the bottom of the screen. The outrage that this has caused on the interwebs is shocking, quite frankly. First of all, the phone hasn't even been released. Calling this a "lie" is a little bit harsh I think. Nokia almost immediately began looking into it. This is another thing people need to understand. When these ads are shot, they are done by a professional production studio, cut, edited, and then shown to some higher ups. If the video looks good, it makes it to the public. This likely was an honest mistake, oversight, whatever you want to call it, especially with the OIS really REALLY is incredibly solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99