What the Tech | 820 = $99, 920 = $149

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
This week episode of what the tech, Paul Thurrott says that the pricing for the two new Lumia will be $99 and $149.

Of course, in the good ole USA, the device price is so insignificant when compare to the data/voice plans.

I am not sure but I don't think a lot of people choose their phone based upon the initial price...but hey I do live in a bubble.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That is subsidized pricing, not full retail. Probably $600+ for retail 920. I would bet the 920 is the typical $199 top end pricing though.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I would be surprised if they sold the Lumia 920 for less than $199+ plan, given that it's competitive in every way with other $199+plan flagships. If they do, though, that'll give it a serious competitive advantage over Android flagships and the iPhone.

What matters to me is not that $50 difference (inconsequential over two years of phone ownership with all the associated monthly costs), but carrier availability. Please please PLEASE do not be an AT&T exclusive like the Lumia 900.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if there will be some Black Friday blowouts on Amazon, where they end up selling them at even more ridiculously low prices.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
How do you figure? Amazon does "penny phone" offers on top sellers and low sellers alike around the holidays.

Anyway, I can believe this pricing plan for the phones. Remember, they want to undercut Apple whenever they can.
True, but not to devices released within a month of black friday. That doesn't happen.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
As long as best buy gets it through their mobile shops, ill get it for $150 off. Can't wait until the 920 comes out. HTC would literally have to blow my socks off for me to switch at this point.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope and pray this stays a rumor and doesnt cross the sacred lines of reality...

SEVEN FIFTY EIGHT DOLLARS!! MOTHER OF GOD! No ways am I paying that much...I think I will be wiping the last stocks of Lumia920 in that case...

You can't do a direct conversion of Euro to Dollars... the markets don't work that way, and Nokia/Microsoft would price themselves out of the picture forever. I think $500-$600 is a safe bet for full price, and I'd estimate low side of that if they're going to undercut Apple.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You can't do a direct conversion of Euro to Dollars... the markets don't work that way, and Nokia/Microsoft would price themselves out of the picture forever. I think $500-$600 is a safe bet for full price, and I'd estimate low side of that if they're going to undercut Apple.

I in fact did a Euro to Rupee and suffered a minor heart attack. That comes to around Rs 42,000!!

I have never loved my Android phone so much... :p

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Basically the 920 will sell in Germany for 600 euros ( $758)
It's a crime to directly convert between euros and dollars. Not just because of markets, but also because of VAT.

Even then - go compare AUD prices to USD prices. While the Australia dollar is stronger than the US's, our devices are still $200 more expensive.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but i don't like getting raped by 2 year contract prices. Im more interested in unlocked prices in the US. If only November would come sooner...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but i don't like getting raped by 2 year contract prices. Im more interested in unlocked prices in the US. If only November would come sooner...

The carriers with the widest coverage in the US don't have different prices for plans with unsubsidized phones.

So basically, you're paying the price of a subsidizing plan whether you get a phone or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss