Something to be Proud of | Nokia Screens

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
While reading an article about 7 features for iPhone 5 screen it did shocked me to know that the Lumia 900 screen was the class leader in some categories.

Screen Reflectance
We measured the iPhone 4 reflectance at 7.0 percent, but many mobile displays now have reflectance values much lower than that. The current record holder is the Nokia Lumia 900, with a screen reflectance of 4.4 percent - so the iPhone 4 reflects 59 percent more light than the Lumia 900. The iPhone 5 needs to do a lot better...

Contrast Rating for High Ambient Light
This article has screen shots of 9 displays from 0 lux up to 40,000 lux ambient lighting - watch how they each degrade as the ambient lighting increases. The iPhone 4 has a CRHAL of 77. The current record holder is the Nokia Lumia 900 with a CRHAL of 90.

Previously, I had thought Clear Black, Super Amoled +, Quad Goopah Screen Blah blah was just marketing speak. This website ( displaymate.com ) seems to put some numbers to the test and the Lumia 900 'was' the champ.

I was really surprised! Of course this could be old news and for that I apologize

Of course with the new iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Lumia 920 coming out it will be interesting to see whose the champ now!

The HTC One X screen didn't show ( or least I am couldn't find it )

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
And the Lumia 920 is supposed to have a better screen than the 900, with improved readability in sunlight. The best is getting better.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The L900 is the first phone I've owned that allowed me to see the screen outdoors in bright sunlight without needing to cup my hand to block out the sun.

I'm looking forward to the new Nokias, since the specs are even better.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 820 gets that same screen of the Lumia 900 so not bad for a "mid grade" device especially considering it has all the other hardware of a high end phone. Nokia is ready to make some noise!

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
If there's one thing that the L900 has over its competition it will be this. Living in the tropics, I like how I still can read text on my phone while other users suffer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djysrv