Nokia's Active shells for Lumia 820

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Active-Shell.jpg

Some new accessories for Lumia 820. So far we have only seen different colors of the interchangeable shells (red, yellow, cyan, purple, and white. Matte colours are grey and black) but now Nokia also added Rugged 'Active' shells to the line up.

They add some thickness but other than that the dimensions are same. These covers wont come with the wireless charging function.

Via Rugged 'Active' shells announced for Nokia Lumia 820

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the rugged shells-basically a built in case-but the omission of Gorilla Glass kinda defeats an otherwise great idea.

Nokia is known for making tanks, so I have a feeling they'll be using an unbranded version so as to keep costs down but still be tough. The 820/920 decision is becoming harder and harder...

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been disgusted by the 820 lacking gorilla glass. This will probably be my only Nokia option with Verizon! The rugged shells definitely ease my concerns somewhat and also look great. I am still not buying into the coat saving non brand gorilla... If the screen was scratch and break resistant I think it would say so somewhere.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is known for making tanks, so I have a feeling they'll be using an unbranded version so as to keep costs down but still be tough. The 820/920 decision is becoming harder and harder...

The 710 has original gorilla glass. How much lower do they need costs to be? Original instead of GG2 would still be durable and less expensive. No GG is a deal breaker for me no matter how low the price. As I already posted on another thread, I'm a welder, and I regularly have small, sharp bits of steel in my clothing and embedded in my hands. My HD7, with original GG, has held up fine for over a year, but my previous phone's screen was barely readable within 4-5 months, and it wasn't even a touch screen device!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The 710 has original gorilla glass. How much lower do they need costs to be? Original instead of GG2 would still be durable and less expensive. No GG is a deal breaker for me no matter how low the price. As I already posted on another thread, I'm a welder, and I regularly have small, sharp bits of steel in my clothing and embedded in my hands. My HD7, with original GG, has held up fine for over a year, but my previous phone's screen was barely readable within 4-5 months, and it wasn't even a touch screen device!

I would be shocked if your non touch screen device was not scratched as it probably had something similar on the screen as resistive TS layer back in the days.

Like said before, Gorilla Glass is brand and only brand. Brand that example iPhone doesn't have, yet people seem to do just fine with the screen. At least wait before reviews and tests.

Ryan_Nichol

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
TBH gorilla glass breaks so much easier when dropping and is more expensive to replace it shatters so easily i has a lumia 710 and it was a right little tank dropped it from a height so many times and wasnt even a scratch although i do use screen protector

clareob

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
hi

looking to buy protective case for lumia 820, just cant find them on any site at the moment, wondered if someone could let me know where to get them from?

thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro