About dell, will they return for WP8?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
God I hope not. Disgusting.

At first this was my response too, but you know what? I welcome it, so long as they can bring something decent to the table. I have seen some pretty hideous WP and Android phones from all manufacturers, so none of them seem to be immune to making an abomination, unfortunately.

When you think about it, Dell will inevitably be selling desktops running Windows 8. Seems to me it would be a no brainer for them to develop a decent WP8 device to go alongside there desktops.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly the only thing I remeber from Dell was delays... never actually seen one in the wild.
I saw a DVP in the wild... I assaulted the poor guy in line at some bakery and started gushing over his device. Turns out the guy was pretty used to being approached about his DVP and had no problems with his phone at all :) Absolutely beautiful device.

If Dell had the support of Nokia, then the DVP would have been more of a winner IMO. If Dell somehow ever went all in on WP8 and supported it like Nokia then I'd welcome another device from them on the market.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I thought and still think the DVP was and still is one of the best looking WP7 devices. but it was Dell who messed up badly.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I saw a DVP in the wild... I assaulted the poor guy in line at some bakery and started gushing over his device. Turns out the guy was pretty used to being approached about his DVP and had no problems with his phone at all :) Absolutely beautiful device.

If Dell had the support of Nokia, then the DVP would have been more of a winner IMO. If Dell somehow ever went all in on WP8 and supported it like Nokia then I'd welcome another device from them on the market.

yeah it was a sharp looking device for sure. just saying I don't think Dell put much effort into it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
DVP is beautiful and about the only slide out keyboard phone I would ever consider. Funny part is that it weighs only 5 grams more than the new no keyboard 920.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hardware-wise I love my DVP. Support-wise however, I really do NOT like Dell at all!

Sure, they came up with a terrific phone, and then totally forgot about it as soon as it was out the door. The issues that some users had should all have been minor problems if quickly resolved but, the dragging feet on even acknowledging any of the reported problems (followed by loooong waits for fixes to be released) combined with the lack of effort put into promoting the phone pretty much doomed the DVP to be a footnote at best. If Dell ever takes the smartphone market seriously and puts a real effort into it then I think they could be a real winner but, at this point, it's going to take some serious convincing to get me back onboard. Develop and release a few phones and show us that they are willing to support their products fully and I might just be willing to give them another chance but, for now I'm thinking that Nokia will be getting my WP8 business for the forseable future.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope they come back so bad, I love my DVP so much, never had one problem with it. And always get updates rite when they come out it seems like. The only complant I could say about the phone is the camra isent that great, thats it. I would but a DVP 2 if it came out in a snap, so long it had a side slider keyboard. The phone always gets so much attanition when I pull it out lol. I hope dell comes back. If you hear any news on the please post if here.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a DVP for about a week. It was nice, but I returned it because the screen was defective. Plus, it weighed a lot. Oh, and it was really thick because of the physical keyboard. Other than that, it was great.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not a fan of Dell or the look of their products generally at all. However, I do think anyone who is willing to manufacturer a Windows 8 Phone device deserves props in any case regardless of how I feel about them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon