How the Lumia 920 wins and fails compared to the iPhone 5.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
If you are thinking about getting a new phone and you just can't wait to get something fresh and new, you want it fast, you want it now.

Nokia brought us the news about a nice and new lumia, a fantastic device, it has all of the wow factor that it needs and it will be available sometime before Christmas, we don't know hehe just wait and see!

Apple comes later, a week later! This is long! But hey chill down here is the iPhone 4s, but we did rethink it, it's everything you liked about the 4s, simply better. Aren't you thrilled? Well here is another great news! You only have a week to suffer until you can hold one in your hand and show off!

- But wait a minute! That Lumia is awesome!
- Sure... We'll see next month or will it be next month?
- Yeah yeah.. Keep talking! My phone will be better.
- Excuse me I must answer a call on my iPhone 5.

Sure this is satiric... But that's how WP makes me feel... Always uncertain... And WP7 was disappointing...

The lumia 920 and WP8 are amazing yes, but you can't win against Apple when you are that obscure about when the device will be available... People want some security and being vague about such a crucial information is not smart...

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand some of the people who post here regularly and knock WP while singing Apple's praises. If you feel Apple has better hardware, better software, better customer relations then by all means go and buy an iPhone and save your self the aggravation.

Some of you make it sound like Microsoft has a gun to your head and forcing you to stay with WP8

I started off with the G1 as my first smartphone, and stuck with Android phones until I started to dislike some things about Android. When WP7 came along I decided to jump aboard WP since it felt more fluid to me than Android was at the time. Instead of spamming Android forums with how much I disliked Android I decided to make the switch to what I thought was better.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Shame on me...I thought this was going to be a thought out post regarding pros and cons against each other.

Instead, it was a waste of time.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where I said that the iPhone was better than WP... And also... Have I stated anywhere in my title that there would be pros and cons? But hey people read what they want to read...

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Have I stated anywhere in my title that there would be pros and cons? But hey people read what they want to read...

"How the Lumia 920 wins (PROS) and fails (CONS) compared to the iPhone 5."

Perhaps you may not have meant to, but your wording certainly implied it.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
"How the Lumia 920 wins (PROS) and fails (CONS) compared to the iPhone 5."

Perhaps you may not have meant to, but your wording certainly implied it.
Lumia
Pros in the thread:
-better than the iPhone
-all about the wow factor

Cons:
-no release date
-no real infos about WP8
-uncertainty

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I simply wrote what came to my mind right after playing a little bit with the iPhone 5, so MAYBE i should have mentioned that i was going to write a point of view not an informative text...

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I know the feeling of knowing something is coming out but you can't have it for a long time. I was actually mad that Lumia and HTC are waiting so long to release the phone after their presentations. It's like dangling a twinkie in front of a fat kid on a tread mill. Torture. I am all types of bummed out thinking about those new WP8 phones. But no way in **** will I buy an iphone. Another sucky thing is MSFT has yet to release features that will be added to WP8. C'mon man. All this mystery is not cool. This actually makes me a bit mad. But on top of all that, no work on when 7.8 will be available and it comes out after WP8. They are playing a dirty game with us here man. I think their whole strategy is backwards. I'll still be buying my new WP8 phone. It just sucks now surfing the web aimlessly because I am looking for more WP8 news. lol. I know there is more to life, but damnit I am bored here at work.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Which store is it available in right now today? Show me one with verified stock. You are not getting an iPhone 5 anymore unless you have a preorder. Stores should have all sold out of their 150 or less phones in the first hour. I am pretty confident that NO ONE has an iPhone5 on their shelf.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Which store is it available in right now today? Show me one with verified stock. You are not getting an iPhone 5 anymore unless you have a preorder. Stores should have all sold out of their 150 or less phones in the first hour. I am pretty confident that NO ONE has an iPhone5 on their shelf.

me and my boyfriend stood in a short line right at opening and got one. The rep said they'd probably run out, and that location is unknown to the major crowds here. So I can imagine the heavy stores getting hit hard

To add, it was for him not me LOL. He's been waiting on this day with an upgrade. And yes op, apple has availability and pricing but that doesn't mean everyone has an upgrade today

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05