Holding Phone VS Brain Reading Numbers

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain to me why my sense of touch and vision can not agree with my rational brain?

You see, I am eagerly waiting for the next crop of WP8 so on at least 3 occasions I have walked into Best Buy an held the Samsung Galaxy S3 (ativ-s) as well as the HTC One X (WP8X)...

...and both times I came away saying they were a lil too big for my taste...BUT WAIT!!

That doesn't make any sense to my rational brain b/c I have the lumia 900 and just on pure hard numbers they are relatively the same size. I mean we are talking mere millimeters here...not enough to say dealbreaker but I felt like it was.

This has an impact on me buying an Ativ-S, Lumia 920 or HTC 8X

I even created some samples on size easy to help me visualize the difference and it makes no sense to someone who bases everything on facts, figures and reason

Sized Up: Samsung S3 vs HTC One X vs HTC WP8X vs Lumia 900 vs Drinks Can

So...what is it that my brain is not accounting for when I actually hold a device... because it "ain't" da numbers

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
While I initially thought that the 920 would be too big for me since I really wasn't a fan of the Galaxy S III, after holding the Lumia 900 in my hands I feel that it will be just fine. While having the thinnest phone out there is great from a technical standpoint, it's not necessarily the best thing when it comes to ergonomics. I found the GSIII and Droid RAZR awkward to use, and in both cases it was because they were too thin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99