Design your own device....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, enough with amateur hour. We have seen what Samsung, Nokia, and HTC (in that order) have put on the table. They have said "here it is ... our Hero devices and our budget beaters!!"

But, I have more faith in WP Central Forum members than any monster corporations!! I feel there is more chance of WP taking off and dismantling Android, mashing BlackBerry, and baking the Apple if we design the phones than them. Hey, we are the public... hear us roar!!!

So, come on... Build a Bear is a success. Why not Build a WP? We could be in malls EVERYWHERE!!

So what would be your perfect device??

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
blackberry-playbook-amateur-hour-is-over.png

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm down with this. As I'm sure all of you have seen me ranting and raving for a new qwerty side slider, I'v been doing that for a reason. The reason is I hope WP makers are looking at this forum and seeing it everywhere we go.

To me here are 2 droid phones that would be everything I ever wanted in a WP. Heres there links...

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE XT897 (Motorola Asanti) Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

Samsung SCH-i415 Stratosphere II Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

I love the both = I think, I cant choose one over the other.

But of these phones are high end spec side slider, with 8mp atleast camras, top of the line chip set ups inside them, and a nice big screen with very nice clear sharp flashy colors like my dell venue pros screen, but better. I was on the droid forum before and it seems like there a longing over there for a new side slider. Now I gotta wait atleast untill X-mas to even get a possible head up from any WP maker of such a device. ****ing rage quit on my part is what I feel like. I hate on screen keyboards! hate them!!!!!!! with a ****ing passion!!! Mt fingers are to big and shacky to use them. So Im praying Samsung do anuther convertion to make that phone a windows phone like they did with the Samsung GT-i8750 Ativ S.

And thats my case, my hopes are high, but I almost know nothing good is going to come for atleast several months. :(. I love my DVP, but the small keyboard is not that good at all, the one bad things about that phone. Thank you for letting me vent. What are your thought on my take.

PS as for BlackBerry, they are no where near as good as WP. Apple does not werry about us becuase they will always have there fans. But Andoid is damn werried about us. Using a android phone reminds me of the windows 6.5 days with a apple fling into it. I do not lie I would love the get my hand on a Photon Q to play with a try it out, just to see what a high end slider is like.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm down with this. As I'm sure all of you have seen me ranting and raving for a new qwerty side slider, I'v been doing that for a reason. The reason is I hope WP makers are looking at this forum and seeing it everywhere we go.

To me here are 2 droid phones that would be everything I ever wanted in a WP. Heres there links...

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE XT897 (Motorola Asanti) Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

Samsung SCH-i415 Stratosphere II Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

I love the both = I think, I cant choose one over the other.

But of these phones are high end spec side slider, with 8mp atleast camras, top of the line chip set ups inside them, and a nice big screen with very nice clear sharp flashy colors like my dell venue pros screen, but better. I was on the droid forum before and it seems like there a longing over there for a new side slider. Now I gotta wait atleast untill X-mas to even get a possible head up from any WP maker of such a device. ****ing rage quit on my part is what I feel like. I hate on screen keyboards! hate them!!!!!!! with a ****ing passion!!! Mt fingers are to big and shacky to use them. So Im praying Samsung do anuther convertion to make that phone a windows phone like they did with the Samsung GT-i8750 Ativ S.

And thats my case, my hopes are high, but I almost know nothing good is going to come for atleast several months. :(. I love my DVP, but the small keyboard is not that good at all, the one bad things about that phone. Thank you for letting me vent. What are your thought on my take.

PS as for BlackBerry, they are no where near as good as WP. Apple does not werry about us becuase they will always have there fans. But Andoid is damn werried about us. Using a android phone reminds me of the windows 6.5 days with a apple fling into it. I do not lie I would love the get my hand on a Photon Q to play with a try it out, just to see what a high end slider is like.

But slider phones that have a qwerty keyboard have added weight, they feel like bricks weighing down at pockets.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Doom, my Hero (see what I did there?), I am onboard. I was thinking Photon Q when I posted this. I prefer the portrait slider. Loved my Palm Pre Plus and the two portrait slider feature phones I had. I almost bought the BB Torch just because. Almost bought the Venue Pro, but couldn't pull the trigger on a device I never used before.

So, my perfect device would be a portrait slider, 4.2 inch screen only wider to allow for more room for the keyboard. But I am fine with stealing the plans from Motorola HQ for there side sliders. Let's make it happen....

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Most importantly, I'd design the case so it has a whole bunch of sharp edges. That way I could fling it at people that piss me off. Like a ninja star.

And as they lay there stunned, I stand over top of them and yell, "Siri that b****!"

That's how I roll.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried to do 2 designs and it was a catastrophic failure. Ugly as sin but here's the best looking one, I'm glad I'm not paid to do this.

The devices are 2. The "Winter Shoot" and the "Winter Listen".

1-devices is the Winter Shoot.

002krr.jpg

Specs:

4.8 1080p Super LCD 2 curved display
16 MP fully featured Nikon sensor. (Same as the coolpix series)
3mp FF, low aperture and wide lens, can shoot 1080p, has a flash.
64GB of storages
Quad-core LTE.
Kick stand
Battery saving software like the RAZR maxx.
3000mhz Battery capacity
Manual zoom
Incredibly light, Kevlar strong.

Adobe software built in, Edit your pictures on the go with Metro Photoshop, convert your pictures into vectors with the Build in illustrator, grab videos and make GIF on the go.

Second phone is the Winter "Listen"

Average 8mp camera
Looks a bit like an X, like the new Xbox 360. ( Matte white, glossy black)
Comes in different colors
Comes with a 64GB capacity, SD card (hot swapable) and a removable battery.
It comes with a free 2-year subscription to Xbox Music, so you can download any song you want for your whole contract. (except Canadians with their ruthless 3 years contract)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried to do 2 designs and it was a catastrophic failure. Ugly as sin but here's the best looking one, I'm glad I'm not paid to do this.

The devices are 2. The "Winter Shoot" and the "Winter Listen".

1-devices is the Winter Shoot.

Click to view quoted image

Specs:

4.8 1080p Super LCD 2 curved display
16 MP fully featured Nikon sensor. (Same as the coolpix series)
3mp FF, low aperture and wide lens, can shoot 1080p, has a flash.
64GB of storages
Quad-core LTE.
Kick stand
Battery saving software like the RAZR maxx.
3000mhz Battery capacity
Manual zoom
Incredibly light, Kevlar strong.

Adobe software built in, Edit your pictures on the go with Metro Photoshop, convert your pictures into vectors with the Build in illustrator, grab videos and make GIF on the go.

Second phone is the Winter "Listen"

Average 8mp camera
Looks a bit like an X, like the new Xbox 360. ( Matte white, glossy black)
Comes in different colors
Comes with a 64GB capacity, SD card (hot swapable) and a removable battery.
It comes with a free 2-year subscription to Xbox Music, so you can download any song you want for your whole contract. (except Canadians with their ruthless 3 years contract)

Winter Shoot sounds nice! I would be interested in buying one. :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well Winterfang is a manufacturer known for their almost bug free devices and timely software updates. Can't go wrong with one lol.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Artistic GENIUS I say......

for as disappointed as you have been with Gen 1 devices (maybe not excited is more accurate) I was interested to see what would get you pumped. Those are some serious hardware. Most Androids would hide on the shelf from the Winter Series.

What company would win the bid to build these bad boys (much like me was and Doom Hero, their is a serious Motorola vi e with your design)?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I just went the lazy route and took the HTC Amaze and put a big arse camera on the back.

The HTC Amaze has my favorite cellphone design in the whole world. I remember when the phone first came out, I will always ask my customers to hold their phones. To be honest, I didn't like how the drawing turn out at all but I like the specs and photo editing options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb