Samsung event Thursday - any chance of WP8 device?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has a product launch event coming up on October 11th and all signs are currently pointing to them releasing a smaller, redesigned Galaxy S3 in a variety of colours.

I've been thinking that other than their ATIV S announcement, Samsung has been overly quiet about their WP8 offerings. So does anyone else here think there might be a chance that they show off anything related to WP8 at this event?

I know it's rare that a company would show off devices for multiple platforms so it probably seems unlikely.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If they give 5 minutes to the Ativ S that will be twice as much time they gave the Ativ S during the actual Ativ S product announcement.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Why would samsung dedicate more than 5 minutes to their devices? All Windows Phone have the same software and the hardware will be the same Samsung Android Hardware.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to their tablet line and the Ativ S, or are you implying that you believe they will announce additional Windows Phone 8 devices?
No, right now there will be no WP's released by Sammy other then the ATIV. I think Simon was referring to their tablet line which Samsung will promote.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why would samsung dedicate more than 5 minutes to their devices? All Windows Phone have the same software and the hardware will be the same Samsung Android Hardware.

But the S3 has a quad core , windows phones have a dual core processor.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I should add that if Samsung surprises us all with a Samsung ATIV S Mini, it will be great for the ecosystem as despite how I feel about Samsung support wise, they do have the brand power to get ATIV going, especially if they can tout better integration with the ATIV tablets and the desktops.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is by far the biggest and most successful Android manufacturer. They're not going to cannibalize that by putting a heavy emphasis on WP8 phones, even if they have Windows 8 tablets and laptops with a similar name. It's just bad business to undermine your #1 successful product.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Samsung is selling a WP8 device at all given what a smashing success the Galaxy line is for them right now.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is by far the biggest and most successful Android manufacturer. They're not going to cannibalize that by putting a heavy emphasis on WP8 phones, even if they have Windows 8 tablets and laptops with a similar name. It's just bad business to undermine your #1 successful product.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Samsung is selling a WP8 device at all given what a smashing success the Galaxy line is for them right now.

Samsung will sell whatever customers want to buy. With Apple's patent trolling against Android getting traction, there is no reason for them not to sell ATIV series devices. They have no loyalty to any ecosystem... just to whatever products will sell well.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung will sell whatever customers want to buy. With Apple's patent trolling against Android getting traction, there is no reason for them not to sell ATIV series devices. They have no loyalty to any ecosystem... just to whatever products will sell well.

I do think the Ativ S will sell well. because they can use the S3's success on the Ativ S

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
dude we don't care about those Android phones you keep mentioning. OK?

I do think the Ativ S will sell well. because they can use the S3's success on the Ativ S

Okay, first of all, his mention of the gsiii and more to were completely relevant tI the thread. Then, one post after getting all butt hurt about him mentioning Android phones, you start talking about the same exact phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers