Wireless Car Charger Cradles?

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have my Nokia wireless plate mounted in my car. The brick turns it to 12V input, so I used a cigarette lighter adapter to go to a +/- in 12V. Then I cut the cable that goes from the brick to the wireless charger plate. I connected the middle of the wire to the + and the outside wires to the - and then wrapped it really well with electrical tape. It is working very well so far.

As for holding my phone, I am currently using 4 small pieces of velcro attached to the phone and a sheet of velcro on the charger plate. The charger plate is also connected to my car with velcro. I have a car phone mount coming tomorrow. I will take some pictures when it is all done. For now though, the solution is working great. I drove for 20 minutes today with Nokia Drive open and arrived with full battery.

hanmilo90

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
we are developing different kinds of wireless charger for mobile phones and tablets ,but we have not tried to do wireless car charger , many customers asked about that , i think it's the trend in the future , we will make it sooner or later :smile:

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have my Nokia wireless plate mounted in my car. The brick turns it to 12V input, so I used a cigarette lighter adapter to go to a +/- in 12V. Then I cut the cable that goes from the brick to the wireless charger plate. I connected the middle of the wire to the + and the outside wires to the - and then wrapped it really well with electrical tape. It is working very well so far.

As for holding my phone, I am currently using 4 small pieces of velcro attached to the phone and a sheet of velcro on the charger plate. The charger plate is also connected to my car with velcro. I have a car phone mount coming tomorrow. I will take some pictures when it is all done. For now though, the solution is working great. I drove for 20 minutes today with Nokia Drive open and arrived with full battery.

Do you have TPMS in your car? If so, are you seeing any issues with it?

Thanks.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes on TPMS. No on problems. I have finished my little project and should have pictures in a few days. I ended up removing the back of the wireless plate. Then attached it to my new phone holder. I am using the Akron 18" floor mount phone holder from Amazon.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to the pictures. I have an Arkon mount as well, but it is a suction cup one. I attach it to my center console of my car.

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing as txaggies07, by cutting the power cable and splicing it onto a 12v lighter adapter. I went to Radio Shack to try and find a tip I could use to avoid cutting the cable but out of 22 tips, that tip is unknown there. Someone on the board told me it was the same as the old Nokia tip but no luck, it is larger. The specs say it is a 2.5mm but it is not a normal 2.5x.7mm connector. I don't have to worry about mounting my phone as one of my cup holders that sits high on the dash next to my Air Vent holds the plate at the perfect angle so that when I put my phone in front of it, the phone sits securely in place for charging and I can see it clearly for Nokia Drive.

Last edited:

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
txaggies07,

I got the same cradle although I don't have the arm extension. I have the suction cup that I use for my dash. Do you have issues making sure the cradle hold your phone well? For me, the clamp on the side doesn't hold the phone. So the phone has a tendency to fall out while I'm driving.

Thanks.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I removed the back of the charging plate to get a few more millimeters back. That was enough for mine. Also, since mine is lower, it points up a bit. So, I have gravity on my side too.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire