Live shot of Verizon 822

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Finally a WP8 phone that is not completely squared off. I love the look and expect it will feel good in the hand. The Lumia 8xx series has the features I'm looking for and now Verizon is getting the prettiest. Looking forward to the formal release with better pictures and maybe a few color options.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

That's a first. ;)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Why are you here? I have never read anything positive from you. All you do is bash everything. I hope you don't live your life with such a negative attitude because that will never get you anywhere in life. I would spend less time writing uneducated comments and spend more time reading good books if I was you. I recommend "Developing the Leader Within You" by John C. Maxwell. A positive attitude will get you much farther in life.

I didn't see this comment until now. Sorry if I'm not jumping for joy over this hideous device but thanks for the life advice.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC confirmed the 8x as a Verizon device at their conference, but something is definitely going on at Verizon. Hands on training has been postponed /cancelled at this point in time. Pretty sucky.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't decide whether that someone should be Microsoft or Verizon.

I'm going to punch Microsoft simply because my only other carrier option is sprint and their device is sketchy at best in my area. I was contemplating leaving for sprint but I just found out today that I can't even get service in my house.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was just at a Microsoft Store for my lunch break, and a Verizon Wireless Premium Reseller rep came in and was talking to one of the Microsoft employees. I joined their conversation about WP8. I asked him what he knew about devices they were getting. He said he thought they were getting the 8x in both Black and Red, along with one color of the 8s. He also said they were going to get the Ativ S, and a Nokia model. He wasn't sure about which Nokia model it would be. He was expecting an announcement before the end of the month, with availability possibly starting 11/4 for some models, and hoping more would be in place by Black Friday.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
OH yeah, there was an 8X with a hideous VERIZON 4GLTE logo on the back.
You mean this one?

g5NPE.jpg

I don't think it looks that hideous. It looks the same color as the beats logo. Obviously it would look better without it but at least it kind of blends in.

Anyway, just because this is out there doesn't mean Verizon can't cancel it. I don't know what to think anymore.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You mean this one?

Click to view quoted image

I don't think it looks that hideous. It looks the same color as the beats logo. Obviously it would look better without it but at least it kind of blends in.

Anyway, just because this is out there doesn't mean Verizon can't cancel it. I don't know what to think anymore.

It looks a lot better in that particular phone yes, but is still a pretty tasteless logo.

verizon-galaxy-nexus-620x423.png

Would it kill them to just leave "Verizon" alone? Heck give me the checkmark only please.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, Verizon.... Oh Nokia...

I actually do not find it ugly, but am with those who have labeled it "Bland" and "just like any other phone".

Those replaceable backs are now very important.

Also, thanks for sharing the conversation you had at the Microsoft Store, Mandos. Sounds hopeful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)