Instagram Workaround via Bluestacks

ambroShuS

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
This post is for those of us who dont have any Andriod or iOS devices.

I like others wanted to see what the big fuss was about Instagram, I went as far as trying to sign up for an account via webstagram. Long story short I discovered that the hardest part was creating an account. Their API doesn't allow 3rd party's to do so. So here's the trick.

1. Download and install the Bluestacks Andriod App Player online to your PC or MAC
2. Install the software (duh)
3. Launch the player and click the magnifying glass/search icon located in the top right hand corner and install instagram.
4. After instagram is installed, run the app and click the "sign up" tab
5. Now that you have an account you can either install a WP7 3rd party app such as "instacam" or "metrogram" or use instagram via Bluestacks.

Important note, the ONLY way to upload pictures to your account is through Instagram via Bluestacks.

HOWEVER, if you install a WP7 3rd party instagram app such as Instacam or Metrogram you can get just about every other aspect of Instagram. The only downfall that I've noticed so far is that you can only upload pictures via Instagram, so if I have a pic that I would like to upload I have to save/upload it to my computer and upload it to instagram via Blue stacks. You can like and comment on photos, follow people, etc.

I'm not sure what the requirements are for Bluestacks to run on your computer. Quite baffling that the devs of Instagram haven't developed an app for WP7 seeing as though the panorama/pivot interface seems very ideal for pictures. But oh well, hope this helps at least one person!!

chadwick611

May 24, 2011
Visit site
nice!! from one New Orleanian to another no problemo. Let me know which app you prefer because I still haven't really given it a full go.
ive been using instacam and it does a decent enough job. just hoping we get a app with win8. so your the 4th person I know in nola with a winphone. thats kinda sad, hoping for larger numbers

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
ive been using instacam and it does a decent enough job. just hoping we get a app with win8. so your the 4th person I know in nola with a winphone. thats kinda sad, hoping for larger numbers

This has nothing to do with instagram but I'm from new orleans also...I now live in atlanta though. I was there over the summer also taking pictures at Greenwood and Metairie cemeteries.

ambroShuS

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

yea, you and I both but whenever I use my phone in public, there are always a few people looking over my shoulder in curiosity

This has nothing to do with instagram but I'm from new orleans also...I now live in atlanta though. I was there over the summer also taking pictures at Greenwood and Metairie cemeteries.

nice, I'll be in ATL for the Saints game in a couple of weeks Who Dat!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss