VZW WP8 Update

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is the only carrier to have the data sense web browsing at launch. Pretty neat feature for those that have bandwidth caps and WP8 is the only OS to have such a feature. What I really like is that data sense shows how much data each of your apps are using. Not sure if android does that, but pretty positive that iOS has nothing like that.

Android does... Well 4.0 does at least.

JamesAD60

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Another advantage with the 822 over the 8x is the wider screen. The 8x is higher definition, but it's long and narrow. It gives you the width of a typical 4" screen and the length of a 4.3". The 8x will give you an extra half row of tiles, but they are smaller. Slightly larger tiles won't mean much to many users, but some will like the slightly larger text.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

giper54

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is the only carrier to have the data sense web browsing at launch. Pretty neat feature for those that have bandwidth caps and WP8 is the only OS to have such a feature. What I really like is that data sense shows how much data each of your apps are using. Not sure if android does that, but pretty positive that iOS has nothing like that.

Blackberry phones also compress data for the browser and email.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually no Android 4.0 and above do not compress data for the browser. Also they do not meter data usage. That is a WP8 only capability.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
...and I heard they are going to drop the iPhone too. Sorry, but this is not an update. It is a few bits of random information that anyone could say with all of 30 seconds in front of a keyboard. Much like on other sites, you will see the phrase that it is not true without pictures, if you can't cite people, dates, and facts, it is just another internet rumor.
Sorry, had to bump negative Nancy here just for the lulz.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
We still looking at the 12th for VZW and the 8x?

Anticipation is killing me.

Are they going to do a preorder or anything like that?

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Come on Verizon, it's one week to the 12th, let's get the pre-orders going! Also, please don't push the date back to the next week. I'm really hoping to have a new phone to play with on my work weekend of the 17th & 18th.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Possibly true for some, but I don't think they really reduce the price of a phone off contract, do they?

No, I have never seen them drop a off contract phones price. I would not count on it.

Best bet is to get one used...

I wish Verizon had something better coming to their line up. The 8X is not impressive to me with only 16gb of memory. The Samsung could be a nice phone but, it's just a G3 phone(current Android device rebaged) with Windows Phone 8 on it and a few color changes (major downfall) but, it's removable battery and MicroSDXC slot makes it something to think about.

The Nokia 822 is a joke to me, 480 X 800 display, low, current display res on a 4.3" display, yes, a joke. And it just looks cheap. Not even sure why they are carrying this model in a day of high res displays, I think it just looks bad for WP8.

So out of the 3 phones claimed to come to Verizon, They are all suck in one way or another. I want a 920 but, AT&T is not as good as VZW in my area, so I would be screwed.

I guess my only option is my phone falls into water after 3 months after released(insurance) or search ebay/craigslist for a used model of these models (8X or ATIV, would not even touch the 822, even free). I wont be stuck behind a 2 year contract (locked in with out being able to get a phone).

This is nothing new with Verizon, I finally find a phone that I want, has most of the features I really would enjoy on a phone and it's GSM only....F U Verizon.

and I have been dealing with this crap for 15 years now...(if all my family was not on Verizon, I might try AT&T)

Verizon does suck when it comes to new phones...

Last edited:

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This is nothing new with Verizon, I finally find a phone that I want, has most of the features I really would enjoy on a phone and it's GSM only....F U Verizon.

Why blame Verizon for a business decision that Nokia made? That's just absurd. If you should be blaming any carrier, it should be AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte