VZW WP8 Update

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestaberead /mr Mac:

When can we expect news from vzw? ? Any updates as far as release?

I've heard delays due to Sandy. They want to get the phones out November 15. If not then, look for a Black Friday launch. Will probably get free accessories with a new phone on Black Friday at this point.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thursdays is typical launch days for VZW right? So a reveal on the 8th would line up with a Thursday the 15th launch.....

Think they would give away free wireless charging kits?

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Looks like HTC and VZW unveiling Droid DNA phone on the 13th in NYC. Rumored 11-20 release date. I really hope the WP8s will be out by then...

I hate that it is taking this long after the unveil to get the hardware out.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If the 8X comes in at $199 as speculated, consider me extremely pissed and likely to consider leaving Verizon for ATT. If the 920 can be heavily subsidized by ATT, then there's no reason Verizon can't reduce the price to be more competitive rather than giving the collective finger to all of us and daring us to leave. Especially considering the fact, taking everything else aside, the 920 is 32gb and the 8X is 16gb.

Yeah, I said it.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Looks like HTC and VZW unveiling Droid DNA phone on the 13th in NYC. Rumored 11-20 release date. I really hope the WP8s will be out by then...

I hate that it is taking this long after the unveil to get the hardware out.

Just par for the course with Verizon as this seems to be normal for them. I hate it though, because it kills any momentum they may have had with the release.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The 8X and Nokia 822 are up on Bestbuy.com right now. I think this is new, I don't recall seeing them there yesterday.

822 comes in black and white and is $99 on contract, $549 off.
8X comes in blue and is $199 on contract, $599 off.

Says in-store only and release date is "coming soon"

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
And what news do you have of the mysterious lumia 9xx?

I've shared what I've been told in the past. Nokia had promised a 920 variant and then backed out of it when AT&T paid them money for the exclusive. Nokia has since promised that Verizon will exclusively get the quad core Nokia that will be released in Feb/March but Verizon is not holding their breath. They don't trust Nokia right now and are getting tighter with HTC. They've asked Samsung to work on a WP8 device that is not just an Android variant as well, but Samsung is waiting to see the initial sales numbers.

If there is a Nokia Pureview based phone on VZW, it won't be until early next year. The 920 variant was originally supposed to hit about a month after AT&T released the phone. Can't say I blame Nokia for it. They get cash upfront from AT&T, a guaranteed amount of handset sales, and AT&T will pay Nokia full price for each handset. You can tell with AT&T's pricing that they are hoping to use the 920 to move people to AT&T.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
TSquare2112 on the 8x board says his corporate guy is reporting 8x on 11-21@ 199.99 on two year.

Not sure if it is true, but sounds like what were looking at now...

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yah just spreading the word. No offense, hoping your wrong and wanting a sooner date...but my gut tells me you are right.

What kind of wireless charging equipment or accessories are going to be for the 8x? Any word?

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Yah just spreading the word. No offense, hoping your wrong and wanting a sooner date...but my gut tells me you are right.

What kind of wireless charging equipment or accessories are going to be for the 8x? Any word?

No offense taken. :)

I did not ask about accessories. I have found that Verizon is hit or miss when it comes to new devices and accessories. Some phones seem to have about a million different cases in the store before the phone is actually released, then some might get one case 6 months after the device is released.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Cases to hide that cali blue? blasphemy....

I wonder if they will have matching color wireless chargers and beats headphones....

I am blocked at work or else i would look lol...

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If the 8X comes in at $199 as speculated, consider me extremely pissed and likely to consider leaving Verizon for ATT. If the 920 can be heavily subsidized by ATT, then there's no reason Verizon can't reduce the price to be more competitive rather than giving the collective finger to all of us and daring us to leave. Especially considering the fact, taking everything else aside, the 920 is 32gb and the 8X is 16gb.

Yeah, I said it.

I've said it before on another thread and I will say it here. Can you say thank you for fleecing me Verizon? I mean AT&T can offer the 920 for $99 on contract. And what does Verizon offer? An gimped a$$ 822 for the same price after a $50 rebate you have to wait months for. What kind of garbage is that. And even worse offer the 8X for twice the price than the 922 while having half the storage.

I'm usually a glass is half full guy but this bullsh*t has me in the glass is half empty mode. 5uck them 5uckers! :mad: (yeah I'm raging right now)

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
honestly, that could have been a date before Sandy...i mean, its all conjecture and rumor and everything until it happens.

I would assume this stuff happens all the time.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
honestly, that could have been a date before Sandy...i mean, its all conjecture and rumor and everything until it happens.

I would assume this stuff happens all the time.

I would say the 8th won't happen because it's already almost end of the day Tuesday and no announcement at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers