VZW WP8 Update

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've said it before on another thread and I will say it here. Can you say thank you for fleecing me Verizon? I mean AT&T can offer the 920 for $99 on contract. And what does Verizon offer? An gimped a$$ 822 for the same price after a $50 rebate you have to wait months for. What kind of garbage is that. And even worse offer the 8X for twice the price than the 922 while having half the storage.

I'm usually a glass is half full guy but this bullsh*t has me in the glass is half empty mode. 5uck them 5uckers! :mad: (yeah I'm raging right now)

Sounds like AT&T is pushing it hard. Speculation above basically says that AT&T made Nokia a deal that they couldnt refuse, even to the point of pissing off Verizon, the largest carrier in the USA... They are gambling that the low price will atleast make people think about switching to AT&T. I think Mr. Macphisto stated in a post that VZW doesnt do that. They are proud of their network, and phone makers need them more than the other way around. So, yah , the 8x might cost 199.99 on VZW, but your subsidising the network as well...which has a **** ton more LTE coverage. Not saying its right or wrong, just in my head that is how i am envisioning it. Our hospital i work at just got our LTE DAS equipment up and moving to AT&T isnt an option. so to that point, VZW it is.

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
The release is between the 11-21 or the announcement?

He told me the RELEASE date for Nokia 822 and an HTC "Accord" (his exact words)
was 11-12-2012, and the 8X would be the 21st RELEASE.

I too am hoping that he is off on the the 8X and it is released on the 12th, but like I said, I called a second time to confirm and he stuck to the same story and was looking at his "emails" of coming devices that he called something else, I can't remember, but it was a company jargin for whatever it was.

He also mentioned a 13th HTC "Event" that he alluded to the HTC Android "Bigg @$$ Phone"

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
He told me the RELEASE date for Nokia 822 and an HTC "Accord" (his exact words)
was 11-12-2012, and the 8X would be the 21st RELEASE.

I too am hoping that he is off on the the 8X and it is released on the 12th, but like I said, I called a second time to confirm and he stuck to the same story and was looking at his "emails" of coming devices that he called something else, I can't remember, but it was a company jargin for whatever it was.

He also mentioned a 13th HTC "Event" that he alluded to the HTC Android "Bigg @$$ Phone"

Is there any chance the AT&T release this Friday could make Verizon bump up their date?

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, supposedly pre-orders will open up online at 1am EST. That's only 11 for me, so I'll check out their site tonight and see what's up.

It would also be nice if HTC updated their U.S. site to show the different carriers, colors, color availability etc.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, supposedly pre-orders will open up online at 1am EST. That's only 11 for me, so I'll check out their site tonight and see what's up.

It would also be nice if HTC updated their U.S. site to show the different carriers, colors, color availability etc.

That's very interesting. I'll be at work until 3:00am anyway, so I'll be keeping an eye open myself.

A hypothetical for you: Would anyone jump on the 822 if it were ~$399 off contract? I may. I'm curious how Verizon and Nokia will price it after AT&T's price.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
A hypothetical for you: Would anyone jump on the 822 if it were ~$399 off contract? I may. I'm curious how Verizon and Nokia will price it after AT&T's price.

I'd almost definitely give it a shot if it came out at $400 off contract and the 8X was the rumored $650 full retail. I'm eligible for an upgrade in 11 months so it's not like I'd have too long to wait to get another device.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So which is the more preferred phone? The iX or 822? I've heard the 8X has some quality issues?

The more I look at the 822, the more I think it's a harder choice.

Are you a person who will get a phone in a 2 year contract and keep it for the 20 months until you can get a new one?

If so, then the 822 might be tempting. It has a bigger battery then the 820 (1800mAh, same as the 8X, no?) It is also a removable battery so if it starts to fail you can get a new one. The 8X does not have that option.

The 822 also has removable storage. If you think that 16GB (12-13 available) is enough for you for 2 years, then this is not a factor. If not, then point 822.

The big hangup for me is the screen.. Only 800x400, but I'm starting to wonder if that will give it superior battery life over a 720 screen of the 8X since the screen is a big battery drainer... Anybody know?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to talk myself into the 822....

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The more I look at the 822, the more I think it's a harder choice.

Are you a person who will get a phone in a 2 year contract and keep it for the 20 months until you can get a new one?

If so, then the 822 might be tempting. It has a bigger battery then the 820 (1800mAh, same as the 8X, no?) It is also a removable battery so if it starts to fail you can get a new one. The 8X does not have that option.

The 822 also has removable storage. If you think that 16GB (12-13 available) is enough for you for 2 years, then this is not a factor. If not, then point 822.

The big hangup for me is the screen.. Only 800x400, but I'm starting to wonder if that will give it superior battery life over a 720 screen of the 8X since the screen is a big battery drainer... Anybody know?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to talk myself into the 822....

I did the same. lol. The screen might not pop but it's still color and heck, a lil over a year ago it was considered a very nice screen. I can deal with the screen is what I'm saying. The blacks will actually be darker than the 920 as well so the high contrast should look sweet.

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll be ordering my parents Lumia 822s: black for my dad and grey for my mom(she didn't like the white version). Can't wait to pre-order them tonight at 1am EST.

The 822's screen resolution 800x400 pixels on a 4.3 inch screen isn't bad at all. I currently use an HTC Trophy on Verizon but have a Lumia 900 which I use on wi-fi as a multimedia device. The Lumia 900 also has a 4.3 in. 800x400 screen. I'm currently looking at it and it looks great. The camera is also the same camera as the 900, which takes nice pictures. Certainly not as nice as the 920 in lowlight/no flash, but daylight and pictures with flash come out very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss