More Excited for Win8 or WP8?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 definitely.

My mobile is probably the most used item i have, more than TV, computer, tablet, console. I probably spend more time a day using my phone, than i do driving, or most other activities.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 definitely.

My mobile is probably the most used item i have, more than TV, computer, tablet, console. I probably spend more time a day using my phone, than i do driving, or most other activities.

This is how I justify buying a 600? smartphone :D

While true for me too, I'm still a bit more excited over the Surface, cos I have no equivalent device to it yet, while I have a WP7,5 device :p

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well on the home front I'm excited about both. Maybe a little more excited about Win8 than I am about WP8 mostly because of the carrier I'm on T-MO on the company end of things I'm outright horrified about the cost to upgrade all 44 computers and 30+ wp7 devices. I'm taking a pass on this turn around except for this machine it will go Win8 pro..

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just give me all of them. My laptop will be upgraded to Windows 8 Friday, I'm hoping my Surface arrives next week, and I will be at a Verizon store on day one when WP8 is released. It'll be nice to be involved in only one ecosystem.

In reality, it's not one ecosystem, though... Windows Phone apps won't work on Win R/T unlike the Apple ecosystem, where iPhone apps will actually run on iPad and iPod. There's the Windows Store and the Windows Phone Store. Two very similar ecosystems, created by the same company, but not the same. So, if you buy a Win R/T device, like Surface R/T, you need to understand that out of the box, there are not nearly as many apps available for it as there are right now for phone. That will change, hopefully, but for now, it's quite limited.

Also, I don't think Microsoft is doing all that great a job of drawing a clear picture of "what is R/T?", and I think a lot of people are going to be upset when they figure out that, "Hey, why can't I install my *insert favorite application from Windows desktop environment here* on my Surface???"

Microsoft may be on the right track as far as what the future looks like for them in their ecosystem, but I don't think it's being communicated all that well, other than to those of us on the inside of the tech circles.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm more excited for W8. I am definitely excited about WP8, but I already have a phone, and my new phone will just be another... phone. With W8 I will finally be getting a tablet. Granted, it will be a little heavier then a typical tablet because I need to get a convertible type (think Thinkpad Twist) because I will be replacing my desktop with it, but it can still be a tablet.

Definitely excited about all of it though. Lumia 920 on day one for me, and then new computer hopefully on black friday.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to say WP8, but because I've been using W8 since it was available on MSDN (and the preview version before that). I also think I'm more excited/intrigued for WP8 because as a Verizon customer, I've been left dangling and teased...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm cheating, because I've been running Windows 8 on my laptop since August. It may not be as ideal as a tablet, or a convertible device, but I'm not in the market for a device like that.

On the other hand, I will get a WP8 device at or soon after general availability.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am excited to try Windows 8, think it will be a run away hit once people get used to it.

I am excited for Windows RT and Pro. Tablets are the future, and the look great.

I am excited to OWN a WP8!!

dmenglert

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
all three, but if I have to rank them
1) Surface RT, I get to replace my Android tablet
2) Windows 8, I have been running the consumer preview for most of the summer till now, will install on all systems this weekend
3) WP8 I want it but my Lumia 900 works great, and I do have a concern with the kernel change. but I hope its unfounded.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6