Xbox SmartGlass

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Which mobile platform will get it first? iOS is listed in a more prominent position. I wonder if MS uses the number of users on a platform in its decision to prioritize development of apps. Wasn't skype out and final on other OSes before WP7?

lookingglassplatform.png

Last edited:

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
It's already available on Windows Phone 7.5...Has been for a while. Xbox Companion = Smartglass..at least for the most part. (It already says you're connected with smartglass if you log in on the companion app)

Dethzilla

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
SmartGlass is fricken sweet... I may be the only person in America who doesn't have his Xbox hooked up to a wide screen "modern" TV... But now i have even more of a reason to go out on Black Friday. Surfing on the net is pretty sweet and navigating is so awesome.

I'm hoping Microsoft goes all out with an Xbox TV... maybe 42" or something... This thing could seriously be the real future of Remote controls.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've found it useful for typing messages to others on my Xbox, as the phone keyboard is infinitely more preferable to using a joypad.

However, with Forza Horizon, the smartglass option isn't available on WP7 only on WP8. So already WP7 users are being left behind. Didn't take long :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes